Maternity Allowance

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Hi
i was just wondering if anyone has claimed maternity allowance, and if so how long it took to come through
because i got told i was being paid statuary maternity pay from my employer and now they say they are not paying me and i took my form to the social security office last wednesday, but at the moment i have no money and bills to pay :evil:

charlotte xxx

Just taking my form in today and its quicker if they have all the info but Ive heard it can be up to 6 weeks :shock:

Ring them and push for it hun.

When did your employers tell you they wouldnt pay you and how long you been there for? You could have put your claim in from 11 weeks before to start at whatever date you wanted i.e. day you leave work.
My employers were very slow to return the SMP1 form although I knew I wasnt entitled, just meant its held me up putting a claim in.

ive been there for nearly 3 years
i started maternity leave 4 weeks ago, theyve known from about october when i would be leaving and they told me i wasnt going to get paid last monday,
i only work part time and i havent worked enough hours the get maternity pay, but there was a mix up at head office and someone got their wires crossed, at my expense :(

Check that on the net, I didnt think they could discriminate between full and part time workers. The only thing I can see relating to that on my smp1 is your earnings were too low, they must be at least equal to the lower earnings limit whatever that is.

To get SMP you must have been:

Employed by your employer into the qualifying week which is the 15th week before the week your baby is due.

Employed by the same employer without a break for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due. Part weeks count as full weeks.

Earning before tax an average of £84.00 a week. This is called the Lower Earnings Limit for National Insurance Contributions (NI) and is the amount you have to earn to qualify for benefits. You have to earn more than this amount before you actually start paying NI.

If YES to all, claim SMP.

I put my form in on 29th Jan and was told I should here back by the ned of this week, and if all goes well should start getting paid at the end of this month. :)

I'm putting mine in on Wed and hoping to get it sorted by end of March as I finish work next week but luckily still have Feb pay to look forward to :)

Got confirmation letter back today to say I'm entitled and will be paid from 29.1.07 (Date I wanted to claim from) but it didnt say exactly when it will be paid into the bank just "Friday" and every 4 weeks so once you claim you should hear very quickly.

i am in my last year of college, does anyone know if this will affect my claim for MA?
i work part time and i earn over £30 a week and have worked there for nearly 3 years, and i cant find any where that says about college, not even on the claim form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back