I've become a horrible cow :(

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Last night I had some friends over for a BBQ.

Evie goes to bed around 8.30 and sleeps through til about 8am (with a dreamfeed whenever I go to bed),

None of my friends have babies, but one seems to think she is a baby guru because she's "read loads of books". She's not. I don't mind other people cuddling Evie but she doesn't support Evie's head when she holds her and I normally get Evie to sleep before she arrives because I just don't like her holding the baby. We'll call her C...

I laid Evie down at 8.15 and she fell asleep. About 9 I heard her grisle a bit so just popped her dummy in and stroked her nose a bit- it just reassures her a bit and she zonks out again. :) Last night, C decided that she knew best and when I had walked away; went over to Evie, picked her up and started trying to play with her. I shouted at her :oops: and told her to stop it and she said "Oh she just wants someone to play with her" :shock: Then, when Evie proceeded to scream because she was woken up she says "Aww, I think she's tired" :x NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

About 10pm when I was clearing up C came into the kitchen and started making a bottle up. I asked what she was doing and she said "Oh, I'm going to feed Evie" ER, EXCUSE ME!?! I come downstairs to find Evie wide awake having her nappy changed. I asked them to leave after that.

Evie had a really unsettled night last night and I'm so annoyed. I've worked really hard at getting Evie into a routine and I'm worried she's messed it up now. If someone like my Mum did that I would be mighty p'd off but little miss know it all doesn't know ANYTHING about babies! :wall: :wall: :wall:

:evil: I'm so angry I just want to cry. :cry:

Stupid C!!!!!

Hopefully Evie will just carry on with your routine, without any problems.

:hug:

Sounds to me like 'C' thinks that Evie is a doll, not a living, breathing little human being. I would tell her that although it's thoughtful that she wants to help, you would rather she didn't as it will mess up Evies routine! If she doesn't listen, maybe don't invite her round :hug:

How dare she wake your sleeping child. You have every right to be angry. I would be. Try to explain to her that you are Evie's mother, you know what she needs and when and if you need any help you will ask. Failing that, as Kaz said maybe don't invite her round again!

OMG! You are not an evil cow - your friend is - sorry!

She should NOT have done any of those things. I would be bloody fuming!!!!!!!!

My god...!! Id have strangled her!!

Friends of mine (they do have childeren of their own) are always asking, if I want them to put the baby down, and as soon as hes asleep no matter where we are he gets set down in a bedroom out of the way, not cuddled, played with, or fed... my god, I dont even think my mum would do what your friend did!!

Your not a cow at all, mabey as she has no kids of her own she has no clue, but she shud leave well alone. Or come over in the day if she wants to play!! How dare she!! Im annoyed for you!! lol

I can't believe she did that I know if that were to happen with our baby when she gets here I would totally give them a peace of my mind I think you were quite restrained!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

i'd have gone nuts!!!! how dare she behave like that with your little girl!

i don't think 'c' would be my friend any more - not without a hell of a lot of apologies and grovelling :talkhand:

OMG that's unbelievable. I get mad enough when my mum does things like that but to have a friend who doesn't even have kids do it? Who does she think she is? What a dozy idiot!

Not only would i be mad for taking over/waking baby, but for going round your house as if it's her own! Going to get baby, making bottle up! I'd have steam coming out of my ears!
I've only been told what to do once. When it backfired they just leave her to me!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I cant belive your "friend" did that, she should respect your wishes. Id have shouted if someone did that.

I shouted at my mum cos she dipped Caitlyns dummy in her tea :evil:

I'd have killed her then I'd have dug her up and killed her again

Interfering cow. :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DebbieM said:
OMG! You are not an evil cow - your friend is - sorry!

She should NOT have done any of those things. I would be bloody fuming!!!!!!!!

What she said.

That's bloody ridiculous. I'd have been tempted to ask her to leave by the scruff of her neck.

I wouldn't invite her around again, she's been really out of order.

What the bloody hell did she think she was doing? how dare she touch evie an do them personal things without your permission - i would of smacked her and eneded the friendship - she sounds bloody strange!

I certainly wouldnt have her over again!

Your not horrible, how you did not punch her i do not know! :twisted:

Bugger that, youd think after shouting at her she'd have got the * back the fuck away from my child* vibe, bleeding weirdo, i agree dnt invite her round again and if she asks why just say because your a bloody ignorant cow who knows nothing about babies and had no right to touch mine !! :shakehead: :shakehead:

Dno how you were so patient with her tbh is she an old friend or ?

Things like that make me speechless!!!! Which doesnt happen very often! What a bloody cow!! You have all the right to be angry!

Dont worry that Evie will go off her routine. Just do what you usually do :D Babies are really adapteble :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shakehead: I haven't seen her since.

She is a friend from school but normally I am so laid back about it- this just pised me off! :wall: :wall:

Evie has been fine since luckily. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back