Just wanna scream :(

Monkey

Reaction score
So after years of living in our house, paying rent and asking nothing in return, we have been told we have to be out in 2 months. All be cause we requested one of the mouldy windows be replaced and it costs too much for the landlord to do so he is selling it.

We have lived here for 4 years (well hubby has) and had so much go wrong but kept our mouths shut and now with 3 months to go till I give birth we have to move.

We don't have a car and all my clients are within walking distance of our house now and there are no decent houses to rent for a reasonable price.

I was worried about not having Bean Sprouts room done up in time for her arrival and now I have to worry about not even having a house to live in at all.

Sorry for the rant.

Aww hunni thats terrible news!!! I know its rubbish and not something you would want to do but cant u say to the landlord u will pay 4 the window to be fixed or 4get it was mentioned if he lets you carry on living there 4 awhile? xxxx

Can a make do and mend job be done?
I rent but I paid for a new door and it fitted, internal doors, new bathroom suite etc because I plan to live here untill I win the lottery! It seems a shame he'll sell for th eprice of a window... are you sure thats his real reasoning? I mean he'll have to find the money for solicitors when he sells, that could cover a window surely.
xxx

We have lived here for 4 years and he has done the bare minimum that has been needed and we have done all the little repairs ourselves as he refused to. It took him 4 months over christmas to get us a new oven, we had to use our neighbours in that time. He also just got the first gas safety check done since we have lived here and that was only after he gave us the eviction notice. MiL threatened to report him after that.

Anyway, looks like the landlady couldn't live with herself for evicting us so close to my due date so they have let us stay for now and are replacing the window. They haven't said anything about the damp wall that has black mould running all down it.

We are still looking as we don't trust her offer and think we will be evicted after the baby comes anyway.

oh no thats really terrible news hun and right on when your due. I suspect they were planning to sell up anyway and have just used this for an excuse

What a disgusting way to treat loyal tennants! Thats really awful! i went to the council when my old house had mould and got it condemned so to speak so the landlord had to put it right before being allowed tennants ! You dont need this stress!! x hugs x x

You could get environmental health to check on the mould. Laods of people do live in mouldy homes though, I was brought up in one and my mam just washed the walls in a bleach solution - I know it's not nice but sometimes it's just a case that you've got to keep tackling it to keep on top of it yourself. However... i would still get it checked out especially if any of you have asthma as the spores can be dangerous. x

The MiL is going to go after the Landlords after we do leave as they have a load of issues that aren't up to standards and are unsafe.

FeeGee, I do have asthma so my OH won't even really let me in that room. We can't even put anything in there anyway as the mould is so bad that it gets on any fabric materials that even come close to the walls.

We use to have it in the bathroom but the OH scrubbed it down and repainted it with anti mould paint. But that cost a fortune and we don't get any credit for it. So he is reluctant to do that to the bedroom, especially if we are going to be moving soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back