Renting

Flossy82

Reaction score
Sorry i hope people dont think im being nosey but reading kirsty's post on mortgages i was wondering how many of us do rent? This is the only option me and the o/h have we are hopefully getting a house to rent a brand new 3 bed for 550 a month we have said so many times thats this is most probably what we would be paying on a mortgage anyhow its just as dionne said in her reply on the mortages post its that damn deposit which we wouldnt be able to afford and prices in our area on a house that would be ideal for us start at 150k+ which is way out of our range so we have no option but to rent its so frustrating :x Anyway do you think this is a good price rent to pay that we would be paying? I thinks its reasonably priced for area and its a brand new build aswell. :D

Well my surrent situation is me, my OH and my little bro live in my mums council house so we rent from them. Although me and OH are waiting to hear back about other rented accomodation, but OH wants to go down the mortgage route but i'm not soo keen as we;re gonna have a massive drop in wages when i go on maternity leave

Cannot complain about rent at all £100 a fortnight and then £100 a month council tax

i think its v.good what your be paying i pay £620 a month for a brandnew house

Aint it sad im getting all excited here the only thing im worrying about though is my rubbish credit rating as typically im getting my hopes up here as this house was so perfect for us and i know i shouldnt i dont now what id do if it came back as no :(

I'm sure it'll be fine, they usually are as long as you have the deposit they're ok with you in my experience!

I rent, would love to buy but it's not going to happen any time soon! I pay £625 a month at the moment but we're going to have to move before the baby comes, we won't be able to afford that on OH's wage only (maternity pay's crap!).

I'm in a gorgeous 3 bed house in a really nice area at the moment and I really don't want to leave it! We have to either live in a crap area or a tiny house/flat with a newborn baby. Not looking forward to that.

We stopped renting 2 years ago when the old dear passed away and son wanted to sell ASAP. Tried to kick us out there and then. Went to court and court gave us 2 months so we HAD to buy then (cos of pets)

When rented we paid £375 a month for a 2 bed bungalow, gas, electric was on a card meter so about £10 a month in summer and normal TV,phone, cable charges.

It was great there - no council tax or anything like that - fire needed sorting and was paid for from our rent. Went out loads and had holidays.

Since having this place (bought) we've hardly had any money and nver go anywhere :(

we own our house we were supposed to rent but the day we signed the lease the owners phoned and said they would be selling instead at the time OH and I were students so were really worried, but we managed to buy our house with a garanteur (scuse the spelling) mortgage and are paying around £360 ish a month we also get 25% off council tax as I'm still a student some times its hard livinhg on one wage and a student oan but we get by :) houses roun here also cost a fortune they say living in wales is one of the worst as the wages dont move with the house prices :cry:
xxx

i rent of council which is £72 something a week and we are band c or b for council tax,sorry my brain is scrambled.dh usually pays it :?

I don't rent I own my house outright, but the downside is of course that if anything needs fixing, I can't just complain to a landlord and get it seen to. Like my boiler...it's been broken since Christmas eve and I can't afford to get it fixed, so we're living with no central heating and no hot water.
On the upside though, it means we don't have rent to pay, and we will eventually sell it and put it as a large deposit on another house and then get a mortgage (when we can afford a mortgage, which isn't yet).

I rent my terraced house, it's 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, cellar, kitchen, downstairs bathroom and its £390 pcm...This is classed as really expensive here, the house is so old and falling apart too, i hate it!

wish i could get all that down here for £390! I pay £350 pcm for a tiny GF 1 bed flat... but i do have a bomb shelter in my garden :)

looking for a 2 bed property, but money is tight and i know my landlord will not give us our deposit back becuse they are know for finding reasons for keeping it. grrrr :evil:

i pay £450 for a brand new 2 bed 2 bath house...but the kitchen is tiny!

We rent, we own a house (well OH does) but we rent it out to students, so it more than pays for itself, and we rent our apartment as we bartered with the LL and got it for £575 (2 bed 2 bath in secure development in city centre), we run our own letting agency so i suppose that helps as the owner didin't pay us to find ourselves as tenants so we used that as a bargaining chip, we rent others in the development for £750, so we know we screwed them down quite a lot :oops:

If we had bought this place, we would have needed a £20,000 deposit then interest only mortgage wouls have been around £800-£1000 per month, so it didn't make any sense to buy instead!

I think you really have to weigh up the 2 when you need to decide, and house prices won't boom again in the near future.

We pay 550pcm for a 2bed box house, they are now worth 650-700 a month for houses like this my way. Could NEVER afford to buy, 2 beds are £150 to start and are all tiny. My house is shite and my landlords fix nothing and dont let us do anything to it. :(

EDIT £150K i meant not quid!! :lol:

i rent, i'd love to buy but cant afford it the house prices are sky high in london! i live in a 2 bedroom flat, its a maisonette but we have our own front door etc..no shared entrances or anything, we pay 780 a month, 90 for council tax and the bills are about 100 every 3 months! so pretty expensive but thats the cheaper end of things round here. if i could afford to get on the property ladder i would as renting is prob more a month than a mortgage would be.

My c.tax is 120pcm and our bills are over £100 a month for water, gas and eleccy. Spend too much time on the net i do :lol:

lol.. oh god no i didnt count my phone or internet bills..or water (there too high to admit to myself), just gas and electric but there bound to go up now coz of winter :( i hate winter its depressing!

With all my bills, man that would be alot! We pay WAY too much! That was just water gas and elec, not net/phone/sky or anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back