For those who rent

Ours is a modern 2 bed town house (small open access garden) for £525. For our area, that's really good value, especially being in the Town Centre.

My 1 bed house/flat was £350, also right in the middle of town - part of a converted chapel. But the estate agents were shockingly bad.

We're in a 2 bed bungalow paying £575 per month. It's a really nice house, but a bit small. We'll probably move when the contract comes up. The house prices are ridiculous round here though, because loads of people commute to London. The bungalow opposite is up for sale for £220,000 and it's similar to ours!

We are currently in a 2 bed flat in Hove £850 per month but downsizing in a couple of weeks to a 1 bed £660 so we can save money, Ive also signed a yearly contract to save the £60 fee of renewing!!!
Im hoping we will get offered a housing association once the baby is born as we will be in a one bed, has anyone got experience of this??

xx

katyk said:
I have a bedsit (no bedroom) and it's £350 a month. It really depends on the randomness of the areas, I paid £280 when I lived on the other side of town. (even though the bit I'll in now is sort of a council estate.)

I get housing benefit anyway, so it's all covered.

My rent seems a lot compared to some of you, not much compared to others. It really depends on the area I think :)

How did you get them to pay housing benefit in full?!!! They are being b*stards to me :(

Do you live alone (if you don't mind me asking)?

We have just moved from a 2 bedroom ground floor flat to a 2 bedroom house in the same street. We were paying £410 a month for the flat but that was cheap as it has just been put up for rent again for £450. The house we are now in is £550 a month but it is so much better as it is bigger than the flat, has a little garden and it has a lot more storage space. We have got a 6 month shorthold tenancy agreement and to be honest I didn't even consider being charged after 6 months to renew so I hope that doesn't happen.

Gemma & Jake said:
We have just moved from a 2 bedroom ground floor flat to a 2 bedroom house in the same street. We were paying £410 a month for the flat but that was cheap as it has just been put up for rent again for £450. The house we are now in is £550 a month but it is so much better as it is bigger than the flat, has a little garden and it has a lot more storage space. We have got a 6 month shorthold tenancy agreement and to be honest I didn't even consider being charged after 6 months to renew so I hope that doesn't happen.

we didn't get charged when we renewed our tenancy.

04072007017.jpg

We pay £450pcm for this. Only has 2 bedrooms but they're massive and 2 living rooms. Bathrooms downstairs which is a pain atm!

:shock: :oops: That is a massive picture, I'm so sorry! First ever picture though- hope that redeems me a bit :pray:

£270 per month, council, 3 bedroom semi detached. Neighbourhood is very kid friendly and everything (schools, town, pubs etc) can be walked within 5 minutes in any direction.

Emma that house would be at least £600 round our way, you lucky thing!!!

yeah, it's an ok house.
We have a massive garden which is the source of many rows now I won't cut the grass and we get blocked in quite easily when it snows. :roll:

We don't have to renew the tennancy agreement as it just rolls over. The landlord told us he wanted someone who would stay a long time and he's never been near :cheer:

It's dead quiet too except for the cows sometimes! :lol:

emma28 said:
yeah, it's an ok house.
We have a massive garden which is the source of many rows now I won't cut the grass and we get blocked in quite easily when it snows. :roll:

We don't have to renew the tennancy agreement as it just rolls over. The landlord told us he wanted someone who would stay a long time and he's never been near :cheer:

It's dead quiet too except for the cows sometimes! :lol:

Oooh I'm sh*t scared of cows :shock: !!!!

emma28 said:
Townie!!

:rotfl:

They stay in the field

:lol:

We went up the common the other day for an ice cream and the cows were all over the roads and grass, its very scary!!!!

The joke is though I live in rural Gloucestershire, and refuse to walk through fields etc if there are cows there!!!

I'll let you off then :D

They are a bit big I suppose... I don't get too close!

Rural Gloustershire sounds beautiful Fran

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back