For those who rent

Flossy82

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask for those of us who rent how much do we all pay and is it a fair price would you say for the type of property you are renting?

We currently rent a new 3 bed house and atm the rent is 550 pcm but we have recieved a letter saying that they are upping it by another 25 quid taking it to 575 pcm do rekon this is reasonable? Also the only thing i do mind about is the fact of having to pay 40 quid for signing another agreement for the next 6 months :shock:

Thats really good.. My flat even tho i don't pay the rent i get housing benefit is £650 for a two bed flat

All the houses round my area are £850 to start with :shock:

Not sure about the £40 to sign the new contract i've just signed mine and it was free :?
I know if i move but stay with the same estate agent i have to pay all the fees again

brand new 2 bedroomed flat.. £500 a month
but its frm my rents

your lot are so lucky ! my rent should be 850 but its currently 700 ( good behaviour lol ) and i rent a 1 double 1 single bed maisonette :shock: and a kitchen 2 people cant stant in lol

40 quid to sign a new contract! :shock: Think you need to ask someone about that, that doesnt seem rigth to me.

We have been none stop viwing propertys. Think we've found one *crosses fingers* its going to be 700 p.c.m. But its HUGE and its 3 bedrooms, just what we need :D

Most of the houses round by me are 900+ p.c.m :shock: :shock:

STOP they tried to do this to me last year, your current contract should just roll on (is it a short hold tenancy?). Sequence seriously tried to rip me off!

We are council and pay £455 pcm for a 2 bed, ground floor flat, it's so expensive because we live in the centre of town. A mate of mine lives just outside town in the same style property and her rent is £260 pcm

i am council and pay 280 pcm for a 3 bed house but its not really a nice estate hence the cheapness. the house are a decent size tho and luckily im on one of the quieter streets. :D

xxxxx

forgot to say that I was paying £325 a month on a pokey 2 bed house in druggie land, now back in my 3 bed house as I've bought my ex out :cheer:

we rent a council 2 bed flat and it is £80 a week we dont pay it monthley.

depends where you live, we rent a 2 bedroom house for £375 but used to pay £450 for the same type of house but we live in derbyshire now not sheffield :)

We rent privately, 2 bed flat £475 a month. The house before I rented for £450 and it had 2 bedrooms and had no heating or garden. Rip off!

:wave: hi

We rent privately,(well OH parents own it)3 bed terraced house we pay 400pcm paying for the new contract is a bit out of order! when are's went up we dint pay.

the £40 rent aggreement shoulds fine to me my mum just paid hers she is with leaders but i got mine free im with l4 lettings
me and oh rent privatly £590pcm for a first floor flat 2 bedrroms nice size room huge frontroom and it was unfurnished.
very close to town and all shops.
parking is s**t though unless you can park in the day after 5pm youve got no chance.
around here this is mid price tbh most start at £500 and go up to £650 for about the same
manda x

Mines £685 for a 3 bed house, which is quite a good price my oh was rent a 2 bed 3rd floor flat for the same price but it was closer to town.

I have to pay £58.75 to renew my contract for 6 or 12 months so i always choose 12 months so i only have to pay it once a year!!!

hi we rent a small 3 bed house well the third room wont even get a cot in it, and we pay 550 a month which is very cheap around here, there is a 2 bed house just gone up for rent in the same street for 630 a month. Our landlord has put our house up for sale so we will be homeless as soon as it is sold. We have to wait for the council to house us, and we could end up in a really rough area, or we could go rent again. We have got a house to view 1st of sept big 3 bed house private rent 650 a month so hopefully we get that. We get housing benefit now so they will up it again for us. Also we dont may a contract renewal fee cause we are on a unlimited lease so dont have to.

I have a bedsit (no bedroom) and it's £350 a month. It really depends on the randomness of the areas, I paid £280 when I lived on the other side of town. (even though the bit I'll in now is sort of a council estate.)

I get housing benefit anyway, so it's all covered.

My rent seems a lot compared to some of you, not much compared to others. It really depends on the area I think :)

ive got a 1bed basement flat. with gardens. rent is £400pcm. which isnt too bad for the area. (n.devon)

That sounds really good for a 3 bed. Ours is a 2 bedroom and we pay £525 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back