Just how ill do you have to be before doctor gives you medication for sickness?

Water_Melon

Reaction score
I've got an emergency app today as I'm finding it more and more difficult to deal with the nausea.

It's actually worse than Trimester 1... How does that happen? :(

Do you think the doctor will allow me to have sicknesses tablets I've heard about on here?

Desperate :(

I'm not sure how it works hun as I haven't been to the doctor about my sickness cos some days it disappears for a few days and i feel i can cope ok but I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon xxxx

I'm not sure hun but if you make it clear that you cannot cope anymore I am sure they cannot ignore you. I hope you get soemthing for the sickness xx

Thanks for the replies.
I'm back from the doctors and I have been given tablets called Promethazine HCI. Never heard of it, I only hope it kicks in soon!!

i was almost in tears being sick 24/7 and they wouldnt give me tablets said not before 12 weeks but luckly it stpped after 12 weeks..glad they gave u sumthing x

glad you got sorted, hopefully they will help...
I still get sick days, sometimes worse than what I had in first tri!!

xx

I thought the tablets were working, until this morning. Where I threw up and felt terrible until 11ish. I wish this sickness was over. Not sure how much more I can take!!

Hopefully it will pass soon...When I was in first tri, I found that sucking fresh lemons helped me, or lemons squeezed into sparkling water! Give the tablets a few days, but if they arent working, go back to your doctor. xx

Hope it goes away soon hun, it's awful and really gets you down :hugs: x

The tablets I was on for sickness (cyclizine) didn't stop me from being sick either, but they reduced the number of times I was being sick in a day from 10-12 to about 3-4.
It was still a nightmare but not quite as nightmarish as it had been before the tablets.

The main thing is to try to keep hydrated. Dehydration + sickness = EXTREME sickness xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, I WASN'T sick this morning :D Felt rough still but it passed at about 11am
My parents have now told me the tablets I'm on could be dangerous for the baby :( I dont know why the doctor have me them then!! Although she did say to only take them if I really need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back