Sad times - I'm here to join you (m/c at 5 weeks)

It's so frustrating for me I guess because I work in healthcare and always take the time to listen to my patients and try and have empathy for what they are going through - so I kind of expect the same treatment back!

We're quite lucky in that we have quite a few hospitals nearby so if we need to go again we could choose a different one.

BabyBlonde Im so sorry to hear about your sad news, all my thoughts are with you.

I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy, I was coming to the end of my midwifery degree but didnt include this in my notes as my profession and I totally agree to the idea that your treated like a complete idiot. I would have been better staying at home and treating myself. I just felt like i was in a herd of cattle with a tag on my ear not, as you said like a person experiencing a devastating loss.

I hope that when the time is right you will be joining us again in TTC but until then I'll send lots of love and best wishes your way hun :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: so sorry this happened to you babyblonde, take care x

So sorry hun :hug:

The way you were treated was disgusting, I'd deffo be complaining if I were you :hug:

Babyblonde just wanted to send you :hug: it is awful becuase it doesn't matter how far along in the pregnancy you are, you still are mentally getting your head round being pregnant and all the excitement. It seems like other people can be sooooo insensitive at times saying things like 'oh well, at least you weren't that far gone coz that would have been worse' I even had someone say to me after my miscarriage (btw I was 4 days late so 4 wks +4 so not far along at all but still real) 'you can't even class that as a miscarriage really' wtf!!! When I went to the docs admittedly he was ok about it all but I would feel exactly the same as you had I been treated that way. For now, take some time for yourself to come to terms with things, I have found my periods have only just settled down 4 months on. Like Snuggle says, when you are feeling up to it do complain because the way they treated you is unforgiveable - and they call themselves health care professionals! :hug:

Well I've written my letter of complaint to the hospital so I will get that sent off and hopefully they will fix it so nobody else has to go through what we did x

:hug: I have experienced 5 m/c over the years between 5 weeks and 9 weeks and my experiences have not been dissimilar to yours. Each pregnancy was very real and as soon as the test was positive they became "my baby" - so the loss is great no matter what. I think you are handling it very well and I love your poem - I also love the the tattoo idea! Both you and your dh take care and comfort in each other - and strength from the knowledge that you will one day be lovely parents.
xx

OMG I can not believe the way you were treated :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
How dare they been so insensitive towards you when you had just had a miscarriage :shakehead:
People like that infuriate me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My thorts are with you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss and for the way you were treated. I had a very similar experience over here with my first m/c when all you need is someone to explain things to you and show you a bit of compassion.

Hope you start feeling better soon...

You poor thing. It's a terrible thing to go through without being treated so badly too. I hope when you feel stronger you complain to the hospital The have a duty of care. Which you didn't receive. Take care of yourself, I'm glad you're viewing the future positively.

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back