Really Upset....

Jay Jay, I think I have just been unlucky with my experience at the Royal....I think it just depends on who you get for the appointments sometimes. My appointment last week happened to be on a very busy day, and the fact I'd been put into a clinic for epileptic mums certainly didn't help!

As for my gp surgery, I think I might just complain, being made to feel even more stressed out than when you went in to see the doctor really isn't good for anyone, pregnant or not!!

By the way...hope you are feeling better today than you have been lately!! xx

Yeah I'm feeling much better thank u! :)

I hope ur complaint to ur GP surgery gets u somewhere! Good luck x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

yeah got the MatB1 form off, and rang them to let them know I was getting it sent!!! Fingers crossed it wont cause any problems being a bit late!!
Your doctors appointment doesnt sound like it went great either Calphurnia!! You'd think circulation problems would be something they would take more seriously, than just telling you to put your feet up?! How are you feeling in general? i hope your circulation issues resolve, but wouldnt let it lie if it continues to cause you trouble!
My Hubby has said he is coming in with me to my next doctors appointment (I only have 2 more with my doctor anyway!!), just to make sure they do what they should be doing! I'm not sure if changing docotr at this stage is a good idea as it can take weeks to register at a new one...so I am thinking I might leave it till after LO is here.
I think some doctors just have this attitude towards pregnant ladies, thinking we are hypochondriacs or something lol.

xxx
Okay I am glad yu are finally being sorted. Yeah I Also forgot to tell her sometimes my hands go numb and tingle then the are okay, should have mentioned that to my GP but she's so uncaring and blaise about things didn't seem to make a difference. She just says that circulation gets worse during pregnancy. I am glad your hubby is supporting you so that they don't reat you crap.

Well I am buying a fetal heart monitor so I can measure my heart as the GP seems to not be great at this. Well my circulation I have gone before I got pregnant and they just feel my legs and say I don't have DVT so I am just tired of that same approach I just hope i'll be okay. I am low risk pregnancy and will just hope for the best. I am also appalled though they wouldn't sign you off, I've known people being signed off for their mother's brother's cats sister's son from dying. OH my god it is difficult to be treated this way. Let's just support each other and hope for the best LOL

It is so difficult sometimes to remember everything you want to ask when you go to appointments, isn't it!!! At my hospital appointment last week, I had three things in mind I needed to ask, and kept saying to my hubby to remember if I forget!!! Needless to say, we both forgot to ask all three questions!!! It was because the appointment was so rushed and we'd been waiting 2 hours for it!! So annoying!!!
That sounds v uncomfortable Calphurnia, I would defo mention about your hands tingling etc, circulation may get worse during pregnancy, but surely that is more of a reason for them to take it seriously! I havent had any circulation problems myself, so it can't be the case for every pregnanct lady! It is infuriating how some doctors just fob you off!! Sometimes you just have to keep on at them before they will take it seriosuly, which just in't on!
I think that is a good idea getting a fetal heart monitor! I got one when I was about 17 weeks, and I would've been lost without it esp since my antenatal care has been so bad!! I find it so reassuring to beable to check babs heart when I want to. I only do it now on days when she seems quieter. Get the 'angel sounds' one, it is great!
I would've thought a docotr should bable to decipher between a fetal heart beat and an adult heartbeat...that is a bit worrying indeed!!

I know, it is annoying when you think some people get signed off work for little or nothing, but being sick in pregnancy and I am told I just have to struggle on!! Luckily I have about 3 weeks annual leave to be taken, so I am thinking it is only 3 weeks that I will be back and then I can take annual leave and go straight to maternity leave.

It's so good to have other ladies on here who understand each other and can relate to similar experiences!!! I don't know what i would've done without this forum!! xxx

aw hun, thats terrible. sending lots of hugs & love your way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Calphurnia - that sounds like carpal tunnel - I have it and its not pleasant x

Calphurnia - that sounds like carpal tunnel - I have it and its not pleasant x
Thanks both of you, I am just too tired to persevere. Pregnant brain makes it difficult, maybe it is carpal tunnel in my hands but the varicose veins on my legs pulsing is different circulation issues Sigh.

Not feeling baby move as much now so getting depressed. Called maternity ward they insisted i speak to my midwife that has a one week turnaround of getting back to me. I've ordered a fetal heart monitor. I just want no complications and baby boy to be okay is that too much to ask for? :wall2:

yes Jay Jay, good point, it does sound like carpal tunnel....my friend had it when she was pregnant and was in such agony, she asked if she could be induced at 37 weeks. Would be worth mentioning that to your doctor or midwife.
Baby starts to have less room to move around about this stage....so that could be why you don't feel as much movement, but rest assured he will be dancing around in there!!! Surely your maternity ward could have let you speak to another m/w. A week is a bit long to wait when you haven't been feeling as much movement as usual. I would ring back and tell them you really need a scan as you have reduced movement. xx

yes Jay Jay, good point, it does sound like carpal tunnel....my friend had it when she was pregnant and was in such agony, she asked if she could be induced at 37 weeks. Would be worth mentioning that to your doctor or midwife.
Baby starts to have less room to move around about this stage....so that could be why you don't feel as much movement, but rest assured he will be dancing around in there!!! Surely your maternity ward could have let you speak to another m/w. A week is a bit long to wait when you haven't been feeling as much movement as usual. I would ring back and tell them you really need a scan as you have reduced movement. xx

Thanks you guys are awesome, I will ring back tomorrow if I get no response. They really are horribel to us LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back