Just got back from the Hospital

Everything is fine :D Warning - this is quite long :lol:

Didn't think the midwife (the same midwife who is now on holiday AGAIN :lol: ) was coming round this morning as she said she would get here at 10ish to give me the usual check up as she had a baby clinic at 11 and it got to 10.55 am and I just thought "she's not coming" but she arrived with the student midwife in tow at 11 (looking in no rush for anything else) and she did my blood pressure which is fine and tested my urine sample which was also fine (after all the samples I sent off) and then I lay on the couch while she and the student midwife had a feel around of baby and the midwife said she could feel the shoulders and that she thought I was 2/5 engaged. We heard the heartbeat too and then we had a chat about things.

She is going away tonight until Monday and if baby doesn't come before, she is going to come round on Monday and give me a membrane sweep and talk with me about being induced and when etc (I think she said it would be next Friday so a week tomorrow). She then asked me if I been feeling a good amount of movement still and I said no because I hadn't felt baby move (roll or wriggle) for a few days and she told me about this fetal movement AKA kick chart which she wants me to fill in every day to monitor baby's movements and she said that if I don't feel at least 10 a day, to give Triage a call and see what they say and maybe go into be monitored again.

She left me at about 11.30 am and I called Paul and he came and picked me up and took me to the hospital and when we got there I had to go to reception and ask where the Pregnancy Day Care Centre was then I had to go to that reception, tell them who I was, why I was there etc, hand over my notes and had to wait in the waiting area then this Irish midwife took us into this ward, asked me how many times I had felt baby move in the last few days (pregnancy brain lmao) and I had to lie on the bed and she strapped me up to a CTG for about 30 - 45 minutes which resulted in a print out of the baby's heart rate and the uterine contractions (which was measured as a percentage and they were going upto about 20). I also had this clicker thing which I can't describe (looked like one of those things on a cord that the weather men use) and I had to press that everytime I felt the baby move (which was about 5 times in total) and I was also given 2 cups of the coldest water i've ever had and that made the baby move a few times. She then said that she would either arrange for me to have a scan today sometime in the day or tomorrow and they managed to fit me in today so after a bit of waiting, the sonographer took us into the Scanning Room and she scanned me and had a chat with us and she said that by the end of the scan, the baby had moved 10 times but I hadn't felt any of them. We saw the perfect little face, a little button nose, mouth, eyes, arms, hands, heartbeat and little legs and feet :D

After the scan, the sonographer wrote all of the measurements down in my notes while we waited in the waiting room and then she came and had a chat with us about the reasons why I might not be feeling baby and what I can do to try and get them 10 movements a day.

So i'm happy and baby is fine :D

Nat and Bump x x (40 + 4)

PS Hope all mums, mums-to-be, bumps and babies are all fine :hug:

Glad baby is okay. Get yourself out for a nice long walk tomorrow and see if that gets things going. :D (not too far though :doh: )

Glad everythings ok and that baby decides to make an appearance sooner rather than later!!

glad everything is ok. :hug:

Hot chocolate always gets my bubba dancing (plus keeps her mum happy!)

Glad everything is ok hun, hope baby comes soon for you! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back