Back from hospital..............

Keano_Forever

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I saw my consultant today and she was so so lovely to me. She told me it sraight but in no way patronising of did I feel like I was being spoken down to or being dismissed.
Anyway, she is extremley concerned about me. She examined my tummy and I was in sheer agongy and she was hardly touching me. My scar area is so tender.
She has no idea where the baby is lying but she said my uterus is extremley thin.
I have to go for a scan tomorrow at 15.25.

If there is any sign at all of my scar starting to part or rupture I will be admitted and delivered within 2 hours. If all seems ok she will try to leave me to 37 weeks and deliver me then.
I will not be induced it will be a section on both counts.

She also said that they have no way of telling - other thann the scan- if my scar starts to rupture. If this happens whilst I am in labour then the baby will show signs of distress and she said they have a 10 minute time frame to get the baby out of he/she would die then I would run into problems.

I have to say girls by this point I was a wreck. I honestly felt like a failure - my body cannot nurture a baby.

I feel very very anxious, I am worried about the delivery and also what happens if I go into labour myself. What if something happens to me? What about my other children?

Oh I am so so sorry for this long rant but I hope by writing it down I might feel a little calmer.

Roll on tomorrow, hugs to you all :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You poor thing, it's no wonder you feel anxious.

So glad that your consultant was really nice and listened to you. Sounds like you're under good care there.

If you feel like labour is starting, make sure you let your hospital know asap. Even if it turns out to be a false alarm, you've got to err on the cautious side.

I hope all goes well for you hun. It sounds like an early delivery could be the safest option.
Did they say why the scar may rupture? I had a section with my lttle girl, but it has well and truly
healed, it has been a little itchy but not painful. I'll be thinking about you tommorrow, the hospital will
take good care of you and won't take any risks with your's or your baby's health. xxx

No wonder your anxious! At least the hospital are planning ahead and keeping an eye on you, as others have said be cautious and get yourself into hospital if you feel iffy, its better to be cautious and Im sure they will understand :hug:

Oh hun! :( How scary for you :hug:

I don't know what else to suggest other than you are in the best hands. They know what needs to happen and they'd have considered every possibility about labour. It's much better that it's all discussed and sorted now. Hopefully you'll have a clearer idea tomorrow.

I really hope you manage to rest hun and I hope all your questions/worries are reassured tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes, will be thinking of you :hug: xxx

:hug: :hug: Best wishes for your scan. I expect that they will be able to make a better decision about your care once they see what the situation is really like. It's a relief to know that they are taking your concerns seriously now. Don't be hard on yourself that you need extra care...it's not like there's anything that you could have done differently. According to the antenatal class MW, only about half of deliveries are without medical intervention of some sort (on top of the normal drugs that is)! :hug: :hug:

Hi everyone,

Thank you so so so much for all your kind words and thoughts, they really do make a difference, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart honestly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am just sorting out last bits at home, just in case so I might not get on again.

Danni, I will text you later if that's ok if I do have to be delivered :hug: :hug:

Best of luck for today :hug: Hope everything goes well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back