just found out im pregnant for the first time.....help!

Carolanne89

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been with my boyfriend for only 2 months but we have been best friends for years. I have pcos so when my period was late i never thought anything of it, im used to only getting a period every 3 months or so. It wasnt until i looked in the mirror to think " my god my boobs are massive!!" and wer also really painful that i thought i better take a test. I took one this morning and was shocked when i saw it was positive! Having PCOS i had it in my head that i would have a lot of difficulty having children.

I havnt told my boyfriend yet because i want to get my own head around it first. He is fantastic and i know he will support me, well i hope i am correct anyway.

Im scared because i dont know what to expect and am still a bit shocked to be honest. Im also happy, which surprises me as well because i didnt see myself as the maternal type at all.

any advice on on anything really as i know nothing would be great thanks

Erm. Well congratulations for a start and welcome to PF :wave:

You will find any information you could possibly want to know from this site. How far gone do you think you are? PCOS can make it more difficult but defo not impossible (as you have found out)

I guess the next step is to go to your GP who will help you get booked in with a midwife. You better tell Daddy too i suppose :) Some people chose to do stuff like take Pregnacare tablets or similar which supplement your folic acid and multi vitamins.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months hun!

Thankyou!!

Well i think i am about 8 weeks, thats calculated from my last period. But my periods are that irregular i really dont know.

I will go to my doctors tomorrow and have a chat with her. I have told my mum allready and she is very supportive which is great. telling my dad will be a different story, he will come round but ive got a feeling i have a few weeks of silent treatment from him to come haha

xxx

Congratulations! As Princess said - main things to do will be getting a GP appointment or midwife appointment - which they'll want you to do will depend on where you live as it seems to differ around the country, and telling Daddy-to-be. If you're worried about your dad's reaction you could wait until you've had dating scan etc, but he'll definitely come round at some point no matter how bad his reaction is! Oh and take folic acid if you feel you need it (which some people don't).

And finally, welcome! :wave:

It will soon sink in. Everyone is scared at first and you might go through all sorts of emotions but it will all be worth it :) Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Bless.

Well I think the first thing to do is see your GP, then talk to your boyfriend - or talk to your boyfriend and see your GP.

Had either of you ever brought up the subject of kids and your personal feelings about them, before - whether as friends or since you have been together?

I wen through something similar with my daughter's dad. Sadly we were never meant to be more than friends and had been fooling about after drinking together with our work - but we're still good friends now. Obviously I'm not saying you two aren't actually serious about each other - in a perfect world, my ex would have been in love with me and we'd have lived happily ever after, he just wasn't so despite marrying me too, we're separated and I've moved on.

There's never an easy way to break big news like this, I should know. But it sounds like your mum is behnd you. Your dad would come round, you're his little girl and no one likes their little girl to grow up (mine is 4 in august and starts school in sept, feels weird). So whatever reaction you get from your boyfriend, you have your mum.

You sound like you want to keep your baby, so if you don't get the reaction you want, from your man, make sure you have your mum or someone along for the appointments etc, it's much better sharing these moments - I did all my second pregnancy stuff alone, including the scan when I had the bad news and I had had to take my girl in with me, aged not-quite-18 months, I wished so hard I had someone with me.

Good luck and let us know how you get on - I'm sure I'm not the only one rooting for you here! Let's hope yer man stands by you and your pregnancy is healthy and happy!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back