Just found out im pregnant...... Confused!!

LossiB

Reaction score
Just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant although i am actually 3! But doctors say its 5 because of periods etc!! Its my first time..... i recently came out of a 4 year relationship and i have been seeing someone for only 2 months and have found im were having a baby!! Talk about emtional but i think were going to be ok! I am 28 years of age and have my own house etc, job etc.... but i darent tell my parents! I have already put them through the trouble of breaking up with my ex and calling off my wedding etc and now this i really dont think they will take it well due to the fact we have only been together a couple of months and the father already has a child with his ex partner!!.............

Anyone been in this situation before or can help me out?! x

Just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant although i am actually 3! But doctors say its 5 because of periods etc!! Its my first time..... i recently came out of a 4 year relationship and i have been seeing someone for only 2 months and have found im were having a baby!! Talk about emtional but i think were going to be ok! I am 28 years of age and have my own house etc, job etc.... but i darent tell my parents! I have already put them through the trouble of breaking up with my ex and calling off my wedding etc and now this i really dont think they will take it well due to the fact we have only been together a couple of months and the father already has a child with his ex partner!!.............

Anyone been in this situation before or can help me out?! x

Lossi, firstly welcome and congrats. This is identical to my situation. I'm 28 have my own house, good job etc. Recently split up with my bf of 2 years and quickly fell into another relationship (the reason i left my previous) anyway, i've been with the new guy 2 months when i fell pregnant. we wernt trying and it was a mistake, i had recently changed pills and well something must not have happened. Anyway, i told him, and he was shocked, he still is but he has supported me so far. We have told our families who are happy and tomorrow im going public with my friend but i dont think that will work out to well.

Anyway, yesterday we had our 12 week scan and everything went fine. He is still really scared as he doesnt feel he knows me and now we are having a baby, which i totally understand, but i couldnt go through with a termination and he gets that, so this is the situation we are in and we know how tough it will be but are making best with what we have. Who knows if it will work out but he is a decent guy so i have some faith. If it doesnt I have a good family behind me and my own place and a good job to go back to so i'd cope.

So that's my story. Have you told him yet? Mine doesnt have any other kids this is the first for both of us.

Wow its great to meet someone in same situation!! yes i told him monday at first he was over the moon and said he wants to keep the baby! Then Tuesday and Wednesday he went funny with me and needed time! So we have given each other time and hes coming over tonight to talk! I know its strange cos like u we dont really know each other and had so many things we wanted to do as a couple which wont be possible now!! But its happening now and there is nothing we can do about it! Iv had abortion before and dont want another one!!

How did your parents take it? I darent tell mine as i know they will go mad at me cos we havent been together long and they will think im an embarrassment to the family... as only 3 months ago they had to tell the whole family iv called my wedding of which was tough!! I finished with my ex for my new partner too!....... I know we can make it work its just making it public which is making me feel ill!!

Your pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period, which is around 2 weeks before conception, so that's where the confusion comes from. So technically, you're pregnant for 42 weeks.

Id say keep it to yourself until you have your 12 weeks scan. Once you show your parents that photo it will melt their hearts and they will take it a lot easier.

My mum was excited, my dad was shocked. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to see the pic from the scan and he said "no not really" but that's just my dad lol I'm petrified to tell my best friend tomorrow and I know she won't be happy.

Thank you!! So that means i am 5 weeks today :)!! Yes I am going to hold off telling them until then because not only showing them a photo will be easier but also of incase anything goes wrong its saves the heart ache!! Plus that by that point i will of been with my partner then for 4 months!!

Just had to go see the doctor because i have thrush does anyone know if this is normal in early pregnancy? As i never usually get thrush!

See for me it will probably be the other way round my dad will come round easier than my mum!! If it wasnt for what people will say or think i truly think they would be happy but the problem with my family is the 'image' my family has to be the best and perfect all the time!!

As for your friend if shes a friend she will be happy for you!! I know when i can tell my friends they will be over the moon for me...... if she takes it badly she will come round! xx

congrats on your pregnancy xxx

When I got pregnant I thought I had thrush, but the doc said it was just hormones!!! I hope all goes well with your new fella!! xxx

Congratulations and all the best with everything - I hope it works out well with the new man/dad and with your parents :)

My friend recently went through a MC and really wants a baby so I'm not sure how she will react to me being pregnant and not even trying. That's my only concern. But your right if she is a true friend she will support me.

I see well yes maybe she will be slightly upset but lets hope she can be happy for you!!

Spoke to other half last night and everything isd back on track :) were keeping the baby!! Decided we will tell the parents when im 10 weeks so another 5 weeks to go!!

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best xx

Congrats! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Congratulations. Good luck telling your friend. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back