Scan/Due date help!!!

tillzy69

Reaction score
Hi mummies!

I found out I was pregnant a few days ago. I took several tests (to make sure i wasnt dreaming) and the digital clear blue test said 3+. I have PCOS and have not had a period since feb this year (but had a blood test in May so I know I'm not that far along!). Because of this my doctor couldn't tel me how far along I am etc. Do you think I will hear from the midwife and have an early scan as no one can tell when I am due? Also how long should I wait til I hear anything from the midwife and will it be by phone or letter?

Sorry for all the questions just wanted this baby for so long I want to know as much as I can!

Any advice would be helpful!

Last edited:
i was in the same boat hun, i have pco and problems with my tubes and we were trying for 2 and a half years.

i got an early scan as i wasn't sure on my dates, i had a period in march, then a day of bleeding in may which is when they initally calculated me from. scan confirmed the dates they had given me.

u can always phone your local epu and say you are pregnant but dont know dates and they may do a scan for you.

i had a letter from my midwife with my appt, but it differs from area to area.

did ur doctor not arrange an early scan for you? i went to the hospital (i was on holiday when i found out!) and said i was worried about ectopic pregnancy as i have issues with my tubes and pco, and they arranged a scan for me. had to wait 6 days but it was worth it. they dated me at exactly 8 weeks at the scan.

ironically, the day we had the scan was the day we were supposed to be referred for IVF!!

try calling ur local epu tomorrow and give them a quick background and they might offer u a scan.

all the best hun xxx

I agree with the above, the epu should be able to help you figure it out (to within a few days anyway).
Congratulations on your pregnancy:) x

I had to book my midwife app myself but my scan came through automatically. I would call midwife and tell her your situation and what she recommends. Congrats by the the way!

I have PCOS too and had the same problem with my second.. They booked me in for an early scan there and then.. And with this one even though I had a 'normal' period then a positive test two weeks after, they still sent me for an early scan.. Maybe call your epu and see what they say, they may need a gp referral or just book you in
Good luck and

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks guys!

I called my epu they only see women who have bad bleeding or are in serious pain. Should I call my doctors and ask for the midwifes number?

Yeah that's probably best, they should be able to point you in the right direction for your area

I agree if you are unsure of dates you need a dating scan

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I called my doctors and explained my situation to the receptionist. Got a call today and have my 1st scan 15th September! Im excited and scared at the same time all I can think about is getting there and being told the babys not doing well or i've lost it etc. Was anyone else nervous like this?

Well done getting a scan booked :) I think every mother whether it be her first or sixth has that worry, it's very normal to feel like that, I'm sure everything will be just fine :hug:
Congratulations again! Xxx

Hiya everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! I got a letter today from my Drs I have an appointment with the midwife this Thursday! Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect at this appointment and anything I need to do to prepare for it!

Thanks everyone!

they will just ask you a tonne of questions about your background and oh's background. tkae your oh with you if you can in case you don't know the answers to some of the questions.

at my booking appt i had bloods taken, and they tested urine for infection and did height/weight as well. and the tonne of questions! lol!

good luck and let us know how you get on! take yourself over to tri 1 as well hun, there will be a lot of answers to some questions you probably have xx

Thanks for the info! Feel bit better about it now! Didn't know what to expect. And oh yes I am looking forward to the questions lol! Better write family history etc down now because I know I will forget when I am there! Are there any questions that are good for me to ask?

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well. Had my scan today and found out that i'm 11weeks and 3days and due April 2nd! Im so happy heard the heartbeat and baby was very lively! :D

Awe that's great, you might end up with a little April fool baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back