Very bad period pain while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by dollface79, Jan 2, 2012.

1. dollface79

dollface79 Well-Known Member

Hi all i'm new here, i found out 3 days ago that i am 5 weeks pregnant! I was not expecting this as i have been getting very very bad period pain since the day of my missed period last week. I am still getting them now and it is worrying me very much, i lost my first baby a long long time ago and i'm worried it's happening again. Help?

2. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

I've had these practically all my pregnancy so far and I'm 31 weeks so for me they have been completely normal. Try not to worry too much at this stage your body is still getting used to being pregnant and is stretching and changing. If you are concerned see your gp ask about an early scan...... I had a private scan at 7+4 as I was so bothered but everything was fine I'm sure you will be too.

3. dollface79

Did yours get so bad it stops you in your tracks? I got one last night in bed and i nearly cried it was that bad... it only lasted about 10 seconds if that?

4. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

In the early weeks yes it was pretty bad. I would see your gp to put your mind at ease or ask about an early scan.

#4 mummy2b73, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. dollface79

ok thank you... the docs are closed today due to bank holiday...:mad: will ring them first thing tomorrow.

6. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

I got seriously bad period pain for quite a long time in Tri I, it's very likely your womb ligaments moving to acommodate baby :hug:

7. bute69

bute69 Well-Known Member

I had constant niggly period pains in early pregnancy and have had a few pains in the last Week or so. Think it's normal as others have said, as it's the uterus stretching.

8. dollface79

Ok thanks folks... i'll stop stressing a little now lol

9. dollface79

My other half just told me it's probably more painful for me because twins run in his family and my body is having to stretch twice as much!!! Oh god...

10. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

It only matters if twins run in your family, not in his family, ifykwim so I wouldn't worry about that for now. Pains are common and there is nth to be afraid of if you don't bleed.

#10 Hope81, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  11. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

yeah like the girls said itts pretty common to get lots of pains in the first few months, i went to a and e one night they were so bad but more less got the "another pregnant woman who thinkgs something is wrong" look from the doc and sent home again lol