Very bad period pain while pregnant?

dollface79

Reaction score
Hi all i'm new here, i found out 3 days ago that i am 5 weeks pregnant! I was not expecting this as i have been getting very very bad period pain since the day of my missed period last week. I am still getting them now and it is worrying me very much, i lost my first baby a long long time ago and i'm worried it's happening again. Help?

I've had these practically all my pregnancy so far and I'm 31 weeks so for me they have been completely normal. Try not to worry too much at this stage your body is still getting used to being pregnant and is stretching and changing. If you are concerned see your gp ask about an early scan...... I had a private scan at 7+4 as I was so bothered but everything was fine I'm sure you will be too.

Did yours get so bad it stops you in your tracks? I got one last night in bed and i nearly cried it was that bad... it only lasted about 10 seconds if that?

In the early weeks yes it was pretty bad. I would see your gp to put your mind at ease or ask about an early scan.

Last edited:
ok thank you... the docs are closed today due to bank holiday...:mad: will ring them first thing tomorrow.

I got seriously bad period pain for quite a long time in Tri I, it's very likely your womb ligaments moving to acommodate baby :hug:

I had constant niggly period pains in early pregnancy and have had a few pains in the last Week or so. Think it's normal as others have said, as it's the uterus stretching.

Ok thanks folks... i'll stop stressing a little now lol

My other half just told me it's probably more painful for me because twins run in his family and my body is having to stretch twice as much!!! Oh god...

It only matters if twins run in your family, not in his family, ifykwim so I wouldn't worry about that for now. Pains are common and there is nth to be afraid of if you don't bleed.

Last edited:
yeah like the girls said itts pretty common to get lots of pains in the first few months, i went to a and e one night they were so bad but more less got the "another pregnant woman who thinkgs something is wrong" look from the doc and sent home again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back