Just dawning on me...

Lulabell

Reaction score
I'm going to be a mum...

In 15 weeks is my due date. Only feels like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant. It was a complete shock due to circumstances, but a very happy one!

When I sit and think about it, it's the start of a whole new phase in my life. In mine and my hubbies life. I'm scared but so very excited!

Just one of those disbelief days, can't believe its all happening. Although baby doesnt let me forget with its kicking! :love:

Pointless thread, sorry.xx

It's a crazy thought isn't it. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that i'm pregnant but i still can't get my head about being someone's mum!

My pregnancy was a total shock too. Most definitely unplanned. But now it's happened i'm very happy. I'm only 13 weeks so still haven't felt any movement yet, i imagine thats when it'll start feeling more real.

Hope all goes well for you hun :) xxxx

I had this when I was shopping yesterday and it actually freaked me out a little bit....someone is going to rely on me for absolutely everything. My cuddles are going to have to cure everything from a common cold to a broken heart, all those things I turn to my mum for are going to have to come from me for someone else xxxxxxxxx

It hasn't dawned on me at all yet! I don't think it will until the baby is here! xx

I know how you feel I get that sometimes the mixture of nerves and excitement is crazy!! I always go to my mum if i have any problem and she always sorts everything out for me and now i'm going to have to do that for my LO and i get worried i wont be able to sort anything for him! xx

Yeh i was thinking about this today... in a matter of weeks i'll be a mum and have a little person relying on me and actually looking to me for guidance and wisdom... im not a mum ... im not wise or know the answer to everything!! xx

I guess we'll gain the knowledge and wisdom through time. I got told I sound like a mum already lol.xx

You don't realise how quick it goes do you! Then you get hit with realisation one day and your like.. Woahhhh!

Its nice though.. I really can't wait to meet lil one :) x

Aw this thread made me cry. :love: I can't wait til it's my turn! All of you ladies are going to be amazing mummies. :yay:

x x

No way, not pointless at all. Love this thread. Had a moment while looking at baby clothes in John Lewis. I've wanted this for so long and it's finally happening! So looking to this new chapter in our lives too!

Aw altho it can be daunting somehow when they hand you that little bundle it all makes sense and you just go from there!

(and if your anything like me you'll prob make it up along the way!)

Im trying to accept next yr ill be a mum of 3!! xx

ive always been told im like everybody's mum anyway so i dont think i have anything to worry about.

Thanks missjuly10 i dont see me been a good mum... your talking about someone who asked my mum if the baby had to be kept indoors until after its injections... Sorry mum if i thought puppies and babies have the same rules no need to laugh!

Thanks missjuly10 i dont see me been a good mum... your talking about someone who asked my mum if the baby had to be kept indoors until after its injections... Sorry mum if i thought puppies and babies have the same rules no need to laugh!

Sorry hunni that did make me giggle a bit! But tbh if you dont know you dont know! Imo that question dont mean you'll be a bad mum it just means you wanna do whats best by your baby!!

We all gotta remember no one hands us a book and no one knows how to be a mum til we are faced with it! (and we usually desapir in the early hours of the morning when bubs is screaming and we dont know why!)

Thats why i love this place always help/advice/reassurance xxxx

I'm already a mummy, but having a newborn baby again after 9 1/2 years is scary. I remember nothing, but do remember they don't need a lot of the stuff people buy. Which is lucky because he's coming in 14 weeks, 3 more pay days, and I only have 85p in the bank, and no clothes, blankets, or a pram, that's a really scary thought.

Sorry hunni that did make me giggle a bit! But tbh if you dont know you dont know! Imo that question dont mean you'll be a bad mum it just means you wanna do whats best by your baby!!

We all gotta remember no one hands us a book and no one knows how to be a mum til we are faced with it! (and we usually desapir in the early hours of the morning when bubs is screaming and we dont know why!)

Thats why i love this place always help/advice/reassurance xxxx

Haha no don't worry i laughed when i thought about it but how am i to know these things? lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back