Just after some thoughts

MrsA

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm quite new to this as I was taking a laid back approach for a while due to being on the depo till November and knowing it can take some time for my body to recover. However I planned on starting to temp from March but ended up losing track and stopping.
with the kit I got some Opk strips and although I had out of interest done a few before they were always negative and I hadn't really looked into how to use them properly due to my lack of periods meaning I am in limbo totally clueless to my cycle.
I have hormonally oh been all over the place since withdrawing from depo in particular weight fluctuations beating and water retention being a problem.

Any way what I need opinions on ....... I randomly preg test once a month (no periods so no clue if I'm preg) and decided on this time Monday evening to do a Opk at same time. Flukily it came back what I would say was nearly positive. Read up a bit on Opk testing and realised my surge could be coming tested again Tuesday am and was definite positive. Later that night slightly less so fading out. Anyway did the deed as you do. Now I've had some cramping and very very light spotting today. (More like pinky Dc)

So could this be ovulation occurring implantation occurring am I really nuts to think we could have plucked my ovulation day out of thin air and perhaps conceived with not a single period.....?????

My thoughts are all over???

Didn't want to read and run ! Not sure what it could be really - I'm not sure if implantation would of occurred that quickly but I'm sure a more experienced lady on here will know xxxxx

Yeah probably not you're rights?? But you can get ovulation cramping, maybe that's it ??? I guess I got a wait to see if my af comes finally this month or if not again I'll test again. At least with a positive ov test I can now try tracking everything I guess?

It could be ovulation. Very lucky if you did catch it with the Opk's but stranger things have happened. I think the only way to know for sure is to wait two weeks do a pregnancy test or see if your period comes. If you're not pregnant and no period then unfortunately it might just be a fluke. Good luck though I hope it is your cycles starting again. I came off depo in October so know what a nightmare it is; I'm currently just finishing my first period since coming off; I'm not going to use opks but see whether I get my period in a month (that or positive test)

It's horrid isn't it not knowing what's going on with your body!! If nothing else it's made me hopeful and happy to simply see a positive opk it means somethings happening at least! ����

Exactly, it's something that's what I said to myself a few weeks ago when I had a slight bleed and then had my period this week. So good luck I really hope this is it for you :)

Well if it Is kind of feel like I cheated I was expecting to have a very long wait!! So heres hoping in two weeks I either have a period or a positive preg test in my hand. Counting the days the suspense is killing me!!

It could be ovulation or your body may be gearing up to ovulate then not. The only way youll know of a definite ovulation is from temping. Also, if you have ovulated this time, then Id imagine you will either expect a bfp if youv DTD around the right times or a period. If you get a period fairly average of 14 days after suspected ov then its atleast good news that you are ovulting and you have a starting point to start tracking.

With regards to opks if your not temping it be a good idea to order in some cheapie strips from amazon that you can do once daily to check for OV as buying from a shop for daily testing can get costly. And perhaps use a clear blue digi on the days you get a positive to back it up.

Wishing you luck for this cycle ofcourse but thought Id give my 2pence worth

xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks! I guess I really should start temping daily from what I have recorded so far my temp is normally late 35 early 36. On the day of the positive I did a temp and it was 37 and since back to normal.

Is that right??? As from what I've gathered info wise you would get an opk then 1 or 2 days later get the temp rise right? So my temp being up on day of opk+ doesn't quite sit right does it??? As I say I've only just really got into this xx

I dont think so. I think your temp dips when actual OV occurs (could be wrong, I didnt temp) and you get a positive opk 1-2 days before actual ovulation. But before ovulation is your most fertile time.

CM can be a good indication of lead up to OV too. Id get egg white clear CM a few days before.

We also did the smep the cycle we got a bfp. So DTD every 2 days after AF and 4 days after a positive opk.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back