***June 2020 mummies***

My midwife is starting me on Aspirin, high dose Folic Acid and Ferrous Sulphate so hopefully I'll be feeling less tired soon! Xxx

Congrats @Lynsey252831 on your little girl! I feel like this thread is so quiet haha I was expecting to come back to having missed loads.

Congrats and welcome to anyone else who has joined the thread :) how was everyones christmas? We are literally wading through toys over here pretty sure we could set up a toy shop xx

Also with regards to the testing, I didn't even get offered it. Pretty sure I was offered whether I wanted it last time at my 12 week booking appointment but no mention this time at all xx

How are all of you ladies feeling now then? Any bumps appearing? Have any of you bought anything yet?

I'm still feeling exhausted, that's my only real symptom. I'm starting to show, but I still feel like so much of it is bloat and belly lol, by the end of the night my stomach is huge!

We've already bought a nursery set (wardrobe, changing table and cotbed) as it's a mamas and papas one and was worried that it'd sell out with them going into administration. We also bought a second hand double pram last weekend. Got it for £300, seen it online and brand new with all the accessories we got it was £1600!! So we snapped that up!

Got my next scan on NYE, I'll be 16 weeks then. Then I've got scans booked it every fortnight until these twins make their appearance, which I hope isn't soon! Need to keep them cooking as long as possible xxx

Christmas here was great and I had a few days of feeling ok. Very sick today tho and been sleeping loads!!
I have only bought one little baby romper suit from river island it was unisex but now I'm looking at some girly things but I'm going to wait until I'm.about 30 weeks before I buy my pram and any more clothes. I bought lots last time so I have drawers filled with unused baby girls clothes and a crib still in the box.
Scans every 2 weeks! That will be nice and reassuring and they will be keeping a close eye on the twins!
I have a reassurance scan at the hospital on Monday. Can't wait to see her again but feeling so nervous aswell xx

I’ve just been and ransacked Mothercare! If you haven’t been yet I’d definitely go, everything is super cheap! We got our pram £870 reduced to £532 and at the till £469! We also got a Tommie tippie steriliser set, electric breast pump set, nappy bin, loads of bedding, Moses basket bedding, dummies, toys etc. for £195 when it should of cost somewhere between £350 - £400. The steriliser set was reduced to £59 and the electric breast pump set to £60. So much bedding and clothes too etc!

Wow! Sounds like you got some great deals @Lucie12344! We might pop in this week, not sure when they shut but we got a voucher for christmas that can be used there, so might aswell get something for the little ones! Xxx

Sounds great I will have a look.
Had my scan today and everything looked great and baby girl is fine. I have another scan in 2 weeks time and then 20 week scan 2 weeks later so if I can get to 20 weeks I can hopefully take a breath and relax into the pregnancy!!
Are you girls going to find out what you are having? Xx

Our sonographer guess that we were having boys at our dating scan. I've got my 16 week scan tomorrow so I'll ask again and see if they still think boys. Then I suppose we can taken it as certain and maybe start buying a few things :cheer:

I’m not finding out, I want it to be a surprise! Although I think we’re going to be having a boy! :)

Hey ladies

@Helen88uk hope your scan went well yesterday :)

We bought mothercare and asda sheets for our little girl, the asda ones are amazing quality we love them and definitely recommend the moses basket sheets from asda theyre so soft. I was always so surprised at the good quality of asda clothes and baby stuff for such an inexpensive store. We shop mainly Next, M&S or River island but then we get all her pj's from asda cuz they're so nice. Their socks are good too. I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to shopping for baby / toddler clothes.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Please don't judge but I managed to miss my 16 week appointment in the chaos of christmas and a few other personal things going on. I did have a private health check done at 16+1 but just not the NHS one... I'm scared to ring them now incase they shout at me haha do you think it'll be fine? Xx

Thanks @LuckyLaura, my scan went well and I was told that both boys look very healthy :) and in regards to your scan, just ring them and say you forgot. Maybe tell a little white lie and say you were in bed poorly, rather than shopping lol! But I cant imagine them being cross with you :)

We popped in mothercare on the way home, but most of the shelves were bare. Didn't end up buying anything. Went to Mamas and Papas next door because they had a sale on. They have some beautiful bedding sets, but they're still so expensive! So we gave that a miss and ended up buying a few different sized baby clothes from Asda that are so adorable!

How are your bumps doing? Mine's certainly on it's way, but I worry that only people who know I'm pregnant will know it's a bump - to everyone else I just look like I've eaten too many mince pies!! This is my first pregnancy and even though I've seen plenty of bumps before, I'm not sure what mine's supposed to look like if that makes sense? It's quite high up, and feels really firm just under my boobs (which havent grown yet, much to my disappointment!!).

I cant believe we're all having babies this year!!! Xxx

Has anyone started to get their bump yet? I’m 15+1 and don’t think I’m starting to show yet although other half thinks I am! I think I just look my normal chubby self haha xx

Yep, I've got one. 16+4 with twins. My stomach feels huge and I'm so uncomfortable at night! Got a pregnancy pillow on order x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back