**** july mummies 2018 *****

Bless you Laura. Hopefully in a few weeks you'll start feeling better. I know I felt down etc to begin with and I felt so guilty because I tried so hard for my baby and then there's still amazing ladies still trying for there's and here's me being miserable.
You will get excited, you're just being tested. It's a long slog till the finish line but we're all going to get there xx

Thanks *hugs* i guess that's it. I feel down and then i beat myself up even more cuz i wanted this so badly ugh. Also I made so many friends in the ttc section who are struggling and here I am in tri 1 bitching :(

Was determined to do more with my day so got up, had a shower and attempted some uni work! the most productive day ive had in weeks! xx

Bless you Laura. Hopefully in a few weeks you'll start feeling better. I know I felt down etc to begin with and I felt so guilty because I tried so hard for my baby and then there's still amazing ladies still trying for there's and here's me being miserable.
You will get excited, you're just being tested. It's a long slog till the finish line but we're all going to get there xx

Thanks *hugs* i guess that's it. I feel down and then i beat myself up even more cuz i wanted this so badly ugh. Also I made so many friends in the ttc section who are struggling and here I am in tri 1 bitching :(

Was determined to do more with my day so got up, had a shower and attempted some uni work! the most productive day ive had in weeks! xx

Bless you. Forgive yourself though, it's fine to feel down. We're not massively in control of what our emotions and moods are doing at the moment anyway.

I still check in with the ttc threads, especially TT's. So hard when when we are so happy for ourselves but sad for our friends. We just have to trust that their time will come. Xx

Bless you. Forgive yourself though, it's fine to feel down. We're not massively in control of what our emotions and moods are doing at the moment anyway.

I still check in with the ttc threads, especially TT's. So hard when when we are so happy for ourselves but sad for our friends. We just have to trust that their time will come. Xx

I'm really noticing that actually...my moods just seem to be all over the place but mostly low :( xx

I'm really noticing that actually...my moods just seem to be all over the place but mostly low :( xx

It's really normal. Tri 1 is bloody tough going. I'm 15+1 now and only this week have I started feeling almost normal again. Xx

It's really normal. Tri 1 is bloody tough going. I'm 15+1 now and only this week have I started feeling almost normal again. Xx

Im starting to wonder what "normal" even feels like haha this feels endless, i feel so debilitated too! like I cant function :( its affecting every part of my life!

Im starting to wonder what "normal" even feels like haha this feels endless, i feel so debilitated too! like I cant function :( its affecting every part of my life!

The best thing about father time is that it cannot stand still. Things will change. Xxx

Hi LuckyLaura,

You are not alone.
At work one colleague keeps going on & on about how exciting it is as they knew we have been trying a while too...to try & calm her down so she doesn't go on about it every 30ins I have said to her i'm not overly excited at the moment, more anxious & feeling unwell. I'm so grateful that nature has granted us our little baby but I find it draining to pretend to be excited when inside, for most of the day, i'm actually not, i'm just trying to get through the day!
Bloods showed anaemia, 118, don't need meds until 110, trying to take the pregnancy tablets with iron but throw up shortly after so don't think much absorption is happening! Had dating scan yesterday, very wriggly! Due 29th July.

Nina, great news on your dating scan :) nice to see wriggly baby isn't it, although mine was very shy and turned around and hid haha

Nina, great news on your dating scan :) nice to see wriggly baby isn't it, although mine was very shy and turned around and hid haha

hehe yes baby was doing the same antics as yours, kept flipping right over but still with its back to the ultrasound! Midwife was fabulous, very patient & lovely :)

Hi LuckyLaura,

You are not alone.
At work one colleague keeps going on & on about how exciting it is as they knew we have been trying a while too...to try & calm her down so she doesn't go on about it every 30ins I have said to her i'm not overly excited at the moment, more anxious & feeling unwell. I'm so grateful that nature has granted us our little baby but I find it draining to pretend to be excited when inside, for most of the day, i'm actually not, i'm just trying to get through the day!
Bloods showed anaemia, 118, don't need meds until 110, trying to take the pregnancy tablets with iron but throw up shortly after so don't think much absorption is happening! Had dating scan yesterday, very wriggly! Due 29th July.
It's tough isn't it? Everyone has this expectation that u are going to be buzzed and super excited when really I'm just trying to get through each day and not pass out with exhaustion haha our moses basket arrived yesterday and is just as beautiful as expected and super soft so we are looking forward to placing a wee bug in it but I'm still suffering from terrible nausea, sickness, headaches, and tiredness which I've had since about week 7 so it's grating me down more so because of how long it has been going on haha. Xx

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

hehe yes baby was doing the same antics as yours, kept flipping right over but still with its back to the ultrasound! Midwife was fabulous, very patient & lovely :)
Ours kept flipping about and wiggling so our scan picks just look like a blurry prawn with a frog leg in one of them haha xx

Hi lovely ladies, I'm crashing this thread to say that my first trimester of my first pregnancy was absolutely the most emotionally draining and challenging time of my life (and that's saying a lot, I was a pretty moody teenager haha). I was miserable, crying all day, horrible to my husband, fantasizing about running away from my life... like I was downright insane! And I didn't even have any nausea, if you had added nausea to the mix I would have been committed seriously. And before I got pregnant I had wanted a baby more than I've ever wanted anything in my entire life, it was pretty much all I ever thought about, and then I spent the first 4ish months of my pregnancy as miserable as I've ever been. It's an insane time. I really wish I could go back in time and be easier on myself. But you don't have the perspective you gain with time, you're just in it, and it's brutal, and I'm sorry.

For what it's worth from week 17 on it was like I woke up out of a nightmare and I was myself again. It's scary but it's so brief. I can't even put into words how brief this time is, and how nostalgic you will be for it when your baby is in kindergarten and gone all day (as my oldest is! Sigh). And if it helps, all my subsequent pregnancies have been significantly easier; maybe my body can handle the hormones better now, or I just know what's coming so I don't freak out as badly as I did that first time, especially because I know it doesn't mean anything (except that a baby's growing inside) and it will be over soon.

Sending hugs to you all!

Hi lovely ladies, I'm crashing this thread to say that my first trimester of my first pregnancy was absolutely the most emotionally draining and challenging time of my life (and that's saying a lot, I was a pretty moody teenager haha). I was miserable, crying all day, horrible to my husband, fantasizing about running away from my life... like I was downright insane! And I didn't even have any nausea, if you had added nausea to the mix I would have been committed seriously. And before I got pregnant I had wanted a baby more than I've ever wanted anything in my entire life, it was pretty much all I ever thought about, and then I spent the first 4ish months of my pregnancy as miserable as I've ever been. It's an insane time. I really wish I could go back in time and be easier on myself. But you don't have the perspective you gain with time, you're just in it, and it's brutal, and I'm sorry.

For what it's worth from week 17 on it was like I woke up out of a nightmare and I was myself again. It's scary but it's so brief. I can't even put into words how brief this time is, and how nostalgic you will be for it when your baby is in kindergarten and gone all day (as my oldest is! Sigh). And if it helps, all my subsequent pregnancies have been significantly easier; maybe my body can handle the hormones better now, or I just know what's coming so I don't freak out as badly as I did that first time, especially because I know it doesn't mean anything (except that a baby's growing inside) and it will be over soon.

Sending hugs to you all!
Haha thank you for this post. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Cried 3 times last night with my husband because I felt he wasn't close enough to me anymore... By close enough I mean he was the other end of the bed haha he had to shuffle over and then I felt better. I swear I'm not crazy or clingy.. Well maybe a little. I think I've become rather high maintenance for him cuz I have gone from reasonably independent but he knew be was loved to basically taking his air supply I need to be near him so much and need his attention haha he says he likes it but who could? Xx

I also cried my eyes out about how nuts my mum can be but also how nice and if she could just be her nice mood self all the time life could be so good but u spend your life waiting for her to get in a bad mood again or snap or shout. It's like flicking a switch :(

Yay...made money on the carvery today. Was an awesome day. Absofuckinglutely shattered now though. Lol

Now...I can't condone the lack of gravy on the plate as proper gravy is just the best...but needs a picture a very happy customer took today.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516565412401.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516565412401.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 15
Yay...made money on the carvery today. Was an awesome day. Absofuckinglutely shattered now though. Lol

Now...I can't condone the lack of gravy on the plate as proper gravy is just the best...but needs a picture a very happy customer took today.

What a horrible person you are to post a picture of that dinner that we can't fking eat. Haha

Glad you made money today. Hopefully it was a post Christmas blip. Onwards and upwards hun. Looks fucking amazing to be fair, NOTHING like my local carvery lol xx

I also cried my eyes out about how nuts my mum can be but also how nice and if she could just be her nice mood self all the time life could be so good but u spend your life waiting for her to get in a bad mood again or snap or shout. It's like flicking a switch :(

Just read back a little at your posts. I can second that the 1st trimester is a piece of crap. Give it a few weeks. The hormones are rubbish though. This is my second and I'm still having mood swings despite doing it before. Got off the phone with my mum about her dog and sobbed my heart out because she's getting old and doesn't like to play with other dogs anymore :/ I seriously acted like she'd died.

Also lost my shit with OH because he didn't help make a Sunday roast today. While he was laying out literally our entire new downstairs floor, hall, living room, downstairs toilet, other hall and kitchen diner. But I was so mad I had to do mash potatoes myself. Completely unfair and irrational of me but that's pregnacy for you lol.

It's fine to feel like you're emotionally drained and like there's nothing positive about it. 1st trimester is fine for some but really not for others. You honestly do start to feel emotionally and physically better soon though. Especially when you start to feel tiny little baby movements and show a little. You start to feel more pregnant and connected to the baby, than just feeling like shit lol. :hugs:

Last edited:

What a horrible person you are to post a picture of that dinner that we can't fking eat. Haha

Glad you made money today. Hopefully it was a post Christmas blip. Onwards and upwards hun. Looks fucking amazing to be fair, NOTHING like my local carvery lol xx

Ah, sorry, lol

Ah, sorry, lol

It does look beautiful though lol. Fx for you but I doubt you need it xx

Ah, sorry, lol

It does look beautiful though lol. Fx for you but I doubt you need it xx

Thank you. It was interesting...at 11am, Dan got there and turned the carvery and big Bain Marie (that we serve all the veg and gravy from) and the Bain Marie tripped the fuse box so all electric went out. This happened 8 times with food due to be ready at midday. The bat manager was panicking and the weekend lad was panicking...me and Dan were like, "it's fine, we'll manage, let's get the little gastronorm out and just keep topping it up".

I love that we're both just chilled about shit like that. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back