** January Mummies **

I am about 5 weeks and have my first midwife appointment on 10th July when I will be 10 weeks plus...I have booked a private scan for the end of the month as I just want to know all is ok with little seed!!! <3

I've had another scan today and it was measured at 7w6d, which is spot with the due date!
I have another one on the 10 week mark and hope that the oh can finally join me!
The midwife told me the best time to do a dating scan is at around 10 weeks, then it's accurate and it looks more human. It still looked like a blob now honestly :lol:

Welcome and congrats on the bfp!
I've added your due date to the thread.
Happy and healthy 9 months to you!:cheer:
Thank you Kitana..it’s so exciting and so nice to read posts from ladies on the same journey x

Saw my midwife yesterday and am all booked in now.
Sadly was also told I will need injections the whole pregnancy because of my age, weight and family history of DVT's. Really not looking forward to that at all. I have to go to the MCU tomorrow to pick them up. :?
Otherwise I now have to wait for my 12 weeks scan appointment. Which will probably be around end of June beginning of July.
Also been referred to lots of other places and different midwives for different reasons.
Feeling good and still haven't thrown up yet, just feeling sick. However, as soon I eat something or drink some fizzy water it goes again. Rather glad it's like this.
How is everyone else doing?

Saw my midwife yesterday and am all booked in now.
Sadly was also told I will need injections the whole pregnancy because of my age, weight and family history of DVT's. Really not looking forward to that at all. I have to go to the MCU tomorrow to pick them up. :?
Otherwise I now have to wait for my 12 weeks scan appointment. Which will probably be around end of June beginning of July.
Also been referred to lots of other places and different midwives for different reasons.
Feeling good and still haven't thrown up yet, just feeling sick. However, as soon I eat something or drink some fizzy water it goes again. Rather glad it's like this.
How is everyone else doing?
I’m good. Little bit of nausea and sore boobs. Few stretching pains in lower stomach but not bad at all.

Just out of interest why does your age and weight affect it?
I get the history of Dvt’s in the family.

Just a skill as i’m overweight and 40 in October. (God I feel old lol ) x

I’m good. Little bit of nausea and sore boobs. Few stretching pains in lower stomach but not bad at all.

Just out of interest why does your age and weight affect it?
I get the history of Dvt’s in the family.

Just a skill as i’m overweight and 40 in October. (God I feel old lol ) x

As soon you're over 35 ( I am 35, be 36 in October) gives you a point, and then my bmi gave me 2 points and family history was another point. It's some doodaa the midwife filled in yesterday and then said I'll need them
Yay, I'm bloody petrified of needles, so OH will have to do them. Apparently twice a day for the whole pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth :shock:

Glad to hear you're doing alright. My boobs have stopped hurting but have grown a whole cup size already. Rather scary as I find it way too early Haha

As soon you're over 35 ( I am 35, be 36 in October) gives you a point, and then my bmi gave me 2 points and family history was another point. It's some doodaa the midwife filled in yesterday and then said I'll need them
Yay, I'm bloody petrified of needles, so OH will have to do them. Apparently twice a day for the whole pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth :shock:

Glad to hear you're doing alright. My boobs have stopped hurting but have grown a whole cup size already. Rather scary as I find it way too early Haha
Aw bless you that’s a lot of injections. Especially as your scared of needles. I hope it isn’t too bad for u x

What kind of injections are they? What are they for? Sorry if I'm being curious!

No need to apologise for being curious. It's blood thinners, because I have a higher chance developing thrombosis due to different factors

No need to apologise for being curious. It's blood thinners, because I have a higher chance developing thrombosis due to different factors
Oh ok, I know which ones you mean. They asked me after the birth of my daughter if I ever had issues with thrombosis but I never did so they did not prescribe me those.
I did get them when I had had knee surgery, due to the inactivity after the procedure. Hated it every day! Where will you have to inject them?x

I was frightened to death of injections and was so scared of ivf because of this the first one is the worst the fear of the unknown but it’s literally easy to do and once you’ve done one the ones after are fine a little tip ice the area first and don’t pick a time while you’re busy or stressed x

Oh ok, I know which ones you mean. They asked me after the birth of my daughter if I ever had issues with thrombosis but I never did so they did not prescribe me those.
I did get them when I had had knee surgery, due to the inactivity after the procedure. Hated it every day! Where will you have to inject them?x

I can choose between bottom of my belly or even side of my thigh. OH will do it as I'm just way too scared of needles

I was frightened to death of injections and was so scared of ivf because of this the first one is the worst the fear of the unknown but it’s literally easy to do and once you’ve done one the ones after are fine a little tip ice the area first and don’t pick a time while you’re busy or stressed x

Oh wow thank you for the tip. I had no idea about that.
To be fair, no one was really helpful. I went to MCU to pick my prescription up, then was send to the hospital pharmacy to get it.
Nobody told me what I had to so, what the dose was or anything.
Had to read the leaflet that's inside the packs and obviously the sticker on the front of them boxes...

Top of leg is less painful then belly from experience xx

Just need some reassurance. My boobs have stopped hurting. Do symtoma
Come and go? I felt sick a little this morning as usual and i’m peeing a lot still. But it’s freaking me out as this happened when I miscarried last time. I’m 6 weeks 1 day x

Just need some reassurance. My boobs have stopped hurting. Do symtoma
Come and go? I felt sick a little this morning as usual and i’m peeing a lot still. But it’s freaking me out as this happened when I miscarried last time. I’m 6 weeks 1 day x
Yes this happened for me. I’ve found the longer I’ve gone on the less my boobs have hurt in a morning (must be the resting overnight) and they hurt more at night.

Easier said than done but try not to worry! Xx

Yes this happened for me. I’ve found the longer I’ve gone on the less my boobs have hurt in a morning (must be the resting overnight) and they hurt more at night.

Easier said than done but try not to worry! Xx
Thank you. I just needed some one to say it was ok and normal. Xx

Thank you. I just needed some one to say it was ok and normal. Xx
I understand your worries due to my past experiences too... it makes you worry more! I bet your sore boobs will be back before you know it haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back