:) January 2018 Mummy's thread

It's a bit too early to be monitoring movement - they normally say from 28 weeks as they are too irregular before then. When baby is much bigger movements are very strong feeling but slower as mystery says as there is less room for them. I remember my entire stomach moving at times baby shifted position! You can also sometimes see actual body parts sticking out through your stomach, like a hand, which is freaky but also very cool!

Well girls, my foof has her killing me all day - it's aching like mad! Don't remember this from my last pregnancy. It almost feels like a groin strain, not that I've had one of them either!

Ali that sounds like pelvic girdle pain to me?
I'm off for more physio tomorrow as my pelvic and leg pain is increasing at an alarming rate. Fingers crossed for more help!!

Well girls, my foof has her killing me all day - it's aching like mad! Don't remember this from my last pregnancy. It almost feels like a groin strain, not that I've had one of them either!

Snap! I rolled over this morning and felt the strangest achy pain down/ in there.. thought to myself, well this is new :roll:

Add it to the list :lol:

Well it turns out the sacroiliac joint on my right side is out of alignment but doesn't like being moved back much. I've got some exercises but today had some very painful moments.
On a more exciting note we have now got two packs of nappies and some wipes to put away! And my baby box application was sent off yesterday which has loads in it, so excited to see what that brings!

That sounds sore megsmeadow! Hope you're ok.

Can i ask where you registered for the box? Im in scotland and was 24wks yesterday, saw mw on thurs and it wasnt even mentioned and had also slipped my mind!but online it seems that was the appt i should have registered at. A little keen not to miss out hehe!

In other news it also totally slipped my mind how much my arm hurts after whooping cough vaccine i just remembered that last time i worried about the actual injection and it didn't hurt but moving my arm today ... Feels like I've been punched!!

Last edited:
Mel I had my mw appointment on Thursday and she had part filled out the application. I completed the rest and popped it in the post. Maybe give yours a call and ask if she can complete her bit for you to collect and complete the rest? It's supposed to be from 24 weeks which I turn tomorrow, maybe your mw is quite particular? It can be done later as you do enter your due date so they prioritise!
The whooping cough vaccine is a strange one eh! The injection site went really hot and red with mine for a good week them hot red and itchy. It took 2 weeks for it to settle!

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

So we've just got back from Canada and I am suffering terribly with jet lag! It was ok on the way there but coming back has been difficult. I always find it worse travelling east but it's multiplied now that I'm pregnant. Especially as I wake up for a wee and then I'm awake and baby starts getting active! Managed 4 straight hours (which was better than last night when I got 2 and a half) but now am wide awake!

Concerned as I have work this week and don't know how I am going to manage. Luckily I work from home a lot but still don't want to take time off to sleep!

Anyone got any tips?!

Hi ladies!

So we've just got back from Canada and I am suffering terribly with jet lag! It was ok on the way there but coming back has been difficult. I always find it worse travelling east but it's multiplied now that I'm pregnant. Especially as I wake up for a wee and then I'm awake and baby starts getting active! Managed 4 straight hours (which was better than last night when I got 2 and a half) but now am wide awake!

Concerned as I have work this week and don't know how I am going to manage. Luckily I work from home a lot but still don't want to take time off to sleep!

Anyone got any tips?!

A v shaped pillow, been a godsend to me

Can't believe it's technically 6months along now omg only about 16 weeks to go!!! Anyone else getting slightly terrified lol?

Can't believe it's technically 6months along now omg only about 16 weeks to go!!! Anyone else getting slightly terrified lol?

Terrified of the birth this time round as my first experience of it wasn't good!!! Also the lack of sleep and control over emotions in the early days!!

Evening Ladies,

GTT test for me tomorrow morning, so i'm now not allowed to eat and only drink water - boohoo!! However, last few days i've really noticed some good strong kicks which have really made me happy.

Karen - I'm getting quite anxious about labour already. With Zac I was 6 hrs start to finish, needed an episotomy (sp?) to get him out as apparently he kept rolling back down. I'm just unsure what to expect this time round, and remembering the first time is worse than the first time ignorance that I had!

In other news i'm trying to keep calm and not stress, but my Maternity Cover replacement has fallen through so at the moment there is no one lined up for my post when I leave on 20th December. I know it's not my concern really, but it's making me worry about the chaos i'll return to in July.

Alipops x

Thanks Carly. I have got one but haven't used it yet. Think I will from tonight. Not jetlagged anyore (I don't think) but just permanently tired!

Thanks Carly. I have got one but haven't used it yet. Think I will from tonight. Not jetlagged anyore (I don't think) but just permanently tired!

I put it between my knees and then under my bump, laying on my side. It's so comfy :) also brilliant to have back support sitting in chairs or on the sofa etc. It's brill. Im going to sew a cover for it to match the nursery and use it as a nursing pillow too!

Evening Ladies,

GTT test for me tomorrow morning, so i'm now not allowed to eat and only drink water - boohoo!! However, last few days i've really noticed some good strong kicks which have really made me happy.

Karen - I'm getting quite anxious about labour already. With Zac I was 6 hrs start to finish, needed an episotomy (sp?) to get him out as apparently he kept rolling back down. I'm just unsure what to expect this time round, and remembering the first time is worse than the first time ignorance that I had!

In other news i'm trying to keep calm and not stress, but my Maternity Cover replacement has fallen through so at the moment there is no one lined up for my post when I leave on 20th December. I know it's not my concern really, but it's making me worry about the chaos i'll return to in July.

Alipops x

That's exactly how I feel; wasn't nervous at all first time round, but now I know how awful it can be... I'm not happy about the whole 'getting baby out' bit!! Interviews take place for my job on Tues, I hate the idea of someone taking over my classroom and classes!! Control freak me!

Hello ladies. We had a 4d scan and it was amazing!! :)

Also been seeing movements from the outside and OH is feeling kicks, so things have really changed. Got my 25 week midwife appointment on Monday. It's all getting abit real now! Has anyone moved over to tri 3?? I'm off work this week, so trying to catch Up on house work.

How's everyone's shopping going? We had some things already like the pram etc, we've bought changing table and a few bits of clothing , just need mainly my things for hospital and toiletries, i can't wait to pack the hospital bag!! :)

Hi all!

Alipops/karenb i know where you are coming from! I'm a super anxious person (ott anxious) but in my first pregnancy i had to make myself realise i couldnt change anything by worrying and i became one of the calmest ive ever been! This time round im so worried/frightened because although i didn't have such a bad time it was very fast and very intense and i know more what to expect now. We've also never had anyone babysit my son more than 20 minutes I've only been seperare when my husbands had him for a little bit so i really dread being away from him or how to get him looked after in a potentially very short labour . Also with my first we interviewed my replacement about 3 working days before i left despite it taking such a long time to learn that job - stress!! But you kind of have to leave them to it.

Sugar... Beautiful scan !!

Carly... Thanks! that reninds me i MUST get a nursing pillow this time, so much faff last time without one and i had a fairly long baby so it has to be more comfortable.

Hi Ladies! Had my 24 week midwife appointment today (she put me at 24+5, my app says 24+4 but they're not that far off).

Was sick twice before the appointment, which was at 9.30am. I've got low iron, but she thinks its mostly due to not keeping food down. I've got VERY low blood pressure, which she was really concerned about and I'm about 2st underweight! (I was ideal weight, healthy BMI pre pregnancy). I'm not sick every single day any more but feel sick constantly and just feel like death all the time. Got my MATB1 form so going to speak to work tomorrow about taking my mat leave asap at 29 weeks so I have some rest time pre baby. Don't think its going to go down well but after my appointment today I'm thinking its pretty necessary! Baby is 100% fine, so really its just me absolutely suffering lol. After this though, I'm not at all concerned about labour!

Sugar that pic is adorable!! Fantastic bonding experience!
I'm just back from four hours in a&e with our youngest. My dh found him with an open bottle on kids olbas oil, having possibly ingested some. The essential oils can be deadly but thankfully they observed him and he's not showing any ill effects. Just when we thought we'd moved everything out of reach!

I'm not sure about birth this time, I keep joking that this one will just bungee out, and slightly terrified that it actually might!

I had a colleague ask today if I was pregnant or just putting on weight, not sure what to make of that :)

Blank page, you're absolutely right to look after yourself! Have you got annual to use up too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back