:) January 2018 Mummy's thread

Sugar love the scan pic! We got a bit of 4d thrown in for free at a gender scan at 21 weeks but yours is so much clearer. Shows how much they change in just a few short weeks! I'm 26 weeks today so will be moving over to tri 3 next week...eek!

Blank page sorry to hear you are still suffering - are you on anti sickness meds still? I'm still taking mine as every time I stop I feel horrendous again for days so starting to think I may be on them till the end this time. I can sympathise as I find it hard at work sometimes and also have 2 kids at home and we are having lots of work done in our house so I'm generally exhausted too all the time which doesn't help. I'm trying to struggle on till mid December at work as really want max time with bubs but completely understand you wanting to start mat leave asap and rest. Def take all your remaining holiday first if you have any, that's what I'm doing.

We haven't bought anything yet for any girl other than 1 pack of sleep suits after our gender scan. I really need to start getting organised but just don't have time at the mo with all our house stuff. I'm luckily getting a lot of clothes from friends and we have quite a lot of what we need although I'm getting a new pram and will need new steriliser/bottles etc as I've struggled to feed in the past. X

We haven't really got anything organised either! Got some bits put away but that's it. I'll get everything out once we're in November. My OH treated me to a new bag for hospital though, I love it :)

Morning All,

Since I went back to work after the summer hols, i've literally had zero time to think about baby, which is awful really. However, this weekend I collected my pram and car seat, they're looking fantastic after their valet - well worth the money. Pram is going to be staying at my mum's until baby arrives, but we have the car seat here.

I had my flu jab yesterday morning - my arm has taken that much better than the whooping cough jab that really felt bruised for a while.

I am having a real issue with what feels like a groin strain [not that i've ever had one!] - i'm going to resort to going to the docs this week I think. The weekly shop nearly crippled me yesterday, i've slept with pillow between my legs like google suggested but now my backaches! It comes and goes, especially over the last 2 weeks, I am on my feet quite a bit at work which I think has started the issue as before I went back to work after the hols I didn't have this pain. Not seeing the midwife until the 17th October, don't think I can wait that long.

Alipops x

Alipops definitely get a referral for physio. We do a care of your body in pregnancy class locally which then means you can fast track to see physio.
We arrived in gran canaria yesterday and I'm broken already. I hurt before but I've totally overdone it now. I keep getting bh after walking any distance so definitely a cue to laze around on the pool when I can!

Last edited:
Alipops definitely get a referral for physio. We do a care of your body in pregnancy class locally which then means you can fast track to see physio.

I'm definitely going to ring the docs tomorrow, see if I can get an appointment.
I hope if they refer me to physio i'm not waiting too long!

Alipops hope you get some help!! Its hard work and I'm also feeling baby is getting very heavy and giving me groin strain even just nipping round the corner to the shop and back nearly killed me and I vomited as soon as I got home then went on to have two naps haha. I really hope you get some help from the physio or perhaps a painkiller for you?

Thanks for the support ladies. I wanted to wait as long as possible and have maximum time with bubs too but I just can't do it. I'm counting down the days to Halloween when mat leave starts!! Unfortunately I have zero annual leave left for this year, as I had to take a lot of it in trimester 1 while trying to keep pregnancy a secret. Oh well, I will accrue it for next year to tag on the end. Regarding HG meds unfortunately I'm on nothing!! I was on 2 different meds but had a bad reaction to one of them and docs are reluctant to give me any more because they are concerned my body basically can't handle another potential bad reaction. Makes sense but leaves me suffering! Only 3 more months to go...lol

Alipops hope you get some help!! Its hard work and I'm also feeling baby is getting very heavy and giving me groin strain even just nipping round the corner to the shop and back nearly killed me and I vomited as soon as I got home then went on to have two naps haha. I really hope you get some help from the physio or perhaps a painkiller for you?

I finally got a doctors appointment this afternoon, she says I have SPD as I thought really. She felt baby, she's not in the way as yet so not adding anything, it's just my pelvis has soften and shifted which is causing the pain.

I've got to phone the assessment centre tomorrow to get them to refer me for Physio, she said it should be quite quick, I hope so as i'm getting no relief from the aching at the moment!

Glad you're getting some support and relief ali.
Blank page I'm starting my maternity leave from the school holiday half term, it will officially start Wednesday 1st November. So I've only 2 weeks left at work. I'm looking forward to it, although I feel ok in the pregnancy, I am just so exhausted .. having 4 others to look after doesn't make resting easy! So the only time I'll actually get before baby comes is the 3 days I usually work where little one will still be at nursery while I'm on mat leave! This is definitely our last baby! :) I've been struggling to sleep, which isn't helping. How are you all? X x

Last edited:
Also, we have managed a short list of baby names, which is exciting! ! :)

Also, we have managed a short list of baby names, which is exciting! ! :)

you have 5th baby on the way? Love it.

I have always wanted 5 children but I may have started too late? Not sure as Im on baby 1 in my early thirties. haha

Just realised I'm in tri 2 from tomorrow as will be 27 weeks...eek! I'm suffering with an ear infection so feeling awful tonight. Plus terrible pain from Varicose veins in my lady bits and leg...I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over, it's been tough x

We are away with my inlaws just now and we've had lots of baby name conversations. I was scared they would have crazy ideas but actually their thinking is very similar to ours. We have a Scottish surname and both our boys have simple Scottish names. If, this baby is a girl (still to be confirmed) we like Ella, Kirsty, Ennis, Eilidh and Heather.
What are other folks thinking for names?

Ali, ..
For a boy we have
Logan
Jasper
Rocco
Xander

For a girl we have
Myla
Amber
Lana
Mila
Harper

It's so exciting, putting names together and it will have to go with my other 4 too! Hope your ohsio appointment goes wee ali.

Sorry your feeling lousy hfn2 and eeeek I can't believe we're moving into tri 3! Tri 2 seems to have just disappeared! :)

Just trying .. always time for 5 :) haha. It's tough though sometimes! , my 3 youngest are all close in age. X

Crazy I'm getting close to Tri 3 lol booking in with the hospital on the 17th oct to see the midwife and get paperwork done for hospital I guess also got the diabetes test next week yuck :(

Ladies just an FYI New look sale is amazing! ive bought 2 x packs of maternity bras £9, Tops and T-shirts starting at £3 and dresses starting at £6! Spent about £49 and literally kitted myself out, brilliant sale. I am an Ebay queen normally, but even ebay cant beat their sale prices x

Last edited:
Hope everyone is well. I can't wait to start marternity leave at the end of November! I'm a mental health nurse in a medium secure unit so I'm not allowed patient contact and have instead been stuck in a tiny office since I told my boss about the pregnancy at 8 weeks!!
Boys names so far are:
Jenson
Austin
Marley.
What does everyone think?

Hayley I'm in mental health too! I'm an OT in a over 65's assessment ward, and ongoing care ward. I can't even walk as fast as the patients anymore so will be an interesting chat with my manager after my holiday.

Ali, ..
For a boy we have
Logan
Jasper
Rocco
Xander

For a girl we have
Myla
Amber
Lana
Mila
Harper

They're lovely names! We're almost 100% decided that our baby girl is called Annie. We've not entirely sorted on a middle name, options are:

Annie Matilda (Which appears to be Zachary's fave!]
Annie Louise
Annie Victoria

Sleeping with a pillow between my knees seems to be helping to alleviate my foof pain at the moment during the night anyway. Otherwise, at the end of the day i'm hobbling and unable to bend really but the entire ache is at the front, not the back or side or thighs. I just hope it doesn't get too bad because I really want to hold out at work until 20th December!

I think I might have sorted our Shared Parental Leave - my forms have been approved so hopefully the ones i've done for the OH will be too. Just awaiting a breakdown of the finances from Payroll, assuming they'll do that, sometimes they can be awkward.

Alipops x

Last bump pic for Tri 2 wow next week I'll have to join the new Tri 3 thread

Attachments

• IMG_9780.JPG
    IMG_9780.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads