Jane Matrix Cup Car Seat anyone?

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

We have this car seat and for life of me I can't figure out how to loosen the straps!! It's rated upto 13 kgs but Sam is nowhere near that and while he's quite long he's not THAT long. However when we strap him in, what should be the shoulder straps will only go over his upper arms iykwim and it's really really tight around his crotch. We managed to loosen the straps a tiny bit but it made very little difference. Does anyone know if you can loosen the crotch part of the straps, and/or put the shoulder straps higher up on the seat? From what I can see I can't but there is still loads of room in the seat....just not in the straps.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

We had that problem from birth so gave up with it :(

We have the matrix cup and are still using it now for Logan and he's around 25lb. It can be a struggle to do up the straps sometimes especially with his cloth bum, I think he'll need a bigger car seat soon.

I'll pass you onto my OH who deals with that sort of thing :D

(Muppetdaddy)
Hello,

I've found the only way to lengthen the straps seems to be to unhook the shoulder bits from the metal clip on the back of the seat (under the plastic tray thing).
Then push the buckle (while squeezing it) up the strap.
Then clip the straps together (as though baby was in the seat) and pull the straps from behind until they are equally tight and reattach to the metal clip.

Hope you can follow that, if not I could try and do a little video and put it up for you.

Ahh, thanks muppetdaddy and muppetmummy!

I am going to pass this onto Sams daddy for him to have a bash - you can tell I'm not the technical one.

Thanks for the offer of the viedo, hopefully your instructions will do the trick, if not we'll come back to you!

Thanks again,

Lisa xxx

We altered ours via the lil panel thing on the back. Never had any problems and our LO was big.

We had to take him out of the Cup at around 4 months as he would need to be wedged in to fit in it :lol: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back