Jane carrera and matrix car seat.

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I know this should probably go in the product reviews section but I think more people come in here soooo...

I've been looking online at pushchairs and taken a liking to the Jane Carrera, at first I was liking it with the Auto pro carrycot but it just seems so big and will only be used for upto 6 months then its completely useless. Where as the matrix cup car seat can be used for much longer as a car seat after I've finished with it on the pushchair.

But I was just wondering how long (approximately) does the matrix fit the baby in the lie flat position? And... can it be sat up abit in pushchair mode too? Or can it only lie flat on the pushchair?

i can't answer your questions - but have you looked at the jane website? It has full demos of their products. Also make sure you look at it in the flesh - I had set my heart on this one, but found it was way too heavy, especially the carseat (but I am a 5' weakling!)

sass said:
i can't answer your questions - but have you looked at the jane website? It has full demos of their products. Also make sure you look at it in the flesh - I had set my heart on this one, but found it was way too heavy, especially the carseat (but I am a 5' weakling!)

I will have a look now, thanks. Also, I will try to see it in the flesh if I can find one :wall:

The Matrix sits up into a seated position and is good up to about 9 months or so. So once done as a lie flat pram in the early months, can then be a rear facing seat for baby until they go into the forward facing buggy when bigger. The Matxix as a pram is good till LO can cope with being more upright. Its fine for baby needs IMHO.

Check the Matrix fits your car as a infant carrier/rear facing car seat as it is known to be tricky size wise, usually not enough seatbelt. Mothercare could not fit it for us, but an independant store did. However, we opted for a Britax car seat from birth - 4 years old rather than use the Matrix as our car seat. We only plan to use it as a lie flat option when travelling longer journies in the car. Otherwise the Britax suits our needs and we skipped the infant carrier part altogether.

There are loads of threads on the Jane models in Products if you search for them. I know I've posted loads on them when I was researching getting one.

It is on the heavy side but has many advantages also. Just depends on your needs and wants. We wanted a 3 wheeler with air filled tyres and a decent frame etc, so it was perfect for us. We can off road, beach, hill walk etc and then hit town with it also. A 4 wheeler would have been useless for us.

Drop me a PM if you want more info :) Happy to try to help.

BTW Mothercare stock them to try out but are REALLY EXPENSIVE. Try them out there but order online from a cheaper supplier. Can save you £100 or more. Also be prepared on some colours to have a 2 month wait possibly if they are out of stock when you order. They are shipped from Spain and we had a long delay on the Stylon colour and it only arrived a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back