IVF #3 here we come.....!

Hey you guys,

Just on the way home from EC , quite disappointed as we only got 5 this time .. vs 11 and 16 before

I also have this fluid in my womb again which needs to drain or it’ll be like putting the embryos back in a a swimming pool.

With such a low egg count they think it’ll be a day 3 transfer. I feel fine bit sore and groggy but I do feel very glum about the numbers ...

J xxx

Jezby, its the quality of the eggs not the quantity hun so please don't feel down about it. I really hope this is your lucky round. You deserve this more than anything <3
Try and relax hun and be positive xx

Don’t feel glum, it’s a new drug, maybe you’ll get better quality than quantity this time, and that’s what you need. There are plenty of ladies on here who have had only 5 or so eggs and been successful.

Don’t be disheartened, will you hear tomorrow about how many have fertilised?

I have everything crossed for you xx

Thanks both of you xxx

It’s just hard to stay positive knowing I have such poor quality eggs I just feel like we are off to a bad start already - I’ve been spoilt with double digits !!

I’ll get a fertilisation update tomorrow morning which hopefully will be fine we don’t usually have any issues with that part.

I’ll keep you posted ... J xx

Thanks both of you xxx

It’s just hard to stay positive knowing I have such poor quality eggs I just feel like we are off to a bad start already - I’ve been spoilt with double digits !!

I’ll get a fertilisation update tomorrow morning which hopefully will be fine we don’t usually have any issues with that part.

I’ll keep you posted ... J xx

I’ll be doing a little sticky and strong emby dance for you tonight and every night until your test date. Xx

I’ll be doing a little sticky and strong emby dance for you tonight and every night until your test date. Xx
Did you record it? Coz that’d REALLY cheer me up Heheh lol

Bless you heart you're very sweet xx

I’m hoping for a high fertilisation rate tomorrow to get things off to a good start x

Hey @Jezby,

Hang in there lady. I think with Menopur they expect less eggs but better quality. My friend only had 3 had retrieval and one fertilised and she now has a little girl.

In my case I think if I’d had a day 3 transfer rather than a day 5 I’d have had better luck.

Pick yourself a song that makes you feel really, really good. First thing every morning put it on loud, have a dance in your kitchen and get the positive vibes cranked right up.

We’re all wishing you the best x

Hey @Jezby,

Hang in there lady. I think with Menopur they expect less eggs but better quality. My friend only had 3 at retrieval and one fertilised and she now has a little girl.

In my case I think if I’d had a day 3 transfer rather than a day 5 I’d have had better luck.

Pick yourself a song that makes you feel really, really good. First thing every morning put it on loud, have a dance in your kitchen and get the positive vibes cranked right up.

We’re all wishing you the best x

Thanks @Bambi42 that’s a really positive and encouraging story. I was just reading on another forum about a situation almost identical to mine. Lady had 16 & 11 eggs on Gonal F and then she switch to Menopur and was devastated when she only got 5 eggs. Now she has a little girl !

A little update - Embryologist just rang, 4 out of 5 eggs fertilised. 1 was immature so would never have fertilised anyway. So off to a good start x

Yes!!! Jezby!! We need all those positive vibes!

Is it transfer day on Monday? Xx

Yes!!! Jezby!! We need all those positive vibes!

Is it transfer day on Monday? Xx
:) Not sure yet.. last 2 IVF we had a 5 day transfer. But we have a lot less to play with this time so it might be better to do a 3 day.

We will see on Monday. Day 3 update call always fills us with dread as this is where it starts to go so horribly wrong ... xxx

@Jezby I think you beat the odds there. We were told 60-70% fertilisation is the average so 4 out of 5 is really good. It’s such a rollercoaster waiting for the calls, writing down the updates & trying to stay calm. You’ve got this and we’re cheering you on. Xx

Hello lovely ladies,

We have had the dreaded day 3 phone call this morning and it is slightly better news than we were expecting. Fragmentation is still an issue but we have 2 out of the 4 that are slightly better than average.

A good grade 3 so not awful but not brilliant. They have acceptable levels of fragmentation and are between 6-8 cells. The other 2 have up to 50% fragmentation so they’re probably going to die off.

So nothing to lose by waiting until day 5 for transfer. Also gives a bit of time for the progesterone pils to dry up that fluid in my womb.

So fairly positive for now, but we all know how unpredictable embryos are ... we asked them to give us an update tomorrow

How are you all anyway? How you pregnant ladies getting on?? Hope you are all well and not feeling too nauseous xxxx

That’s good news! Fingers crossed they keep on going in the right direction and you get a nice sticky one!

I’ve had nausea for a week now but started actually vomiting this morning, I have a drawer full of crackers in my desk at work so I can keep sneaking one when needed.

Just on to check for your update @Jezby Waiting for the calls is one the most challenging parts, I feel like crying even remembering that.
6-8 cells sound promising, roll on day 5! Are you going for accupuncture the night before / day of transfer ? Some places let your acupuncturist do it at the clinic for you. Mine didn’t so I had treatment the day before and she gave me that stuff to burn the night before (you know the herb thing they use before the needle) and it stank out the whole house

How’s the dancing in the kitchen going? We’re looking at holidays today and hoping to escape to the sun in a few weeks. Can’t wait x

Just on to check for your update @Jezby Waiting for the calls is one the most challenging parts, I feel like crying even remembering that.
6-8 cells sound promising, roll on day 5! Are you going for accupuncture the night before / day of transfer ? Some places let your acupuncturist do it at the clinic for you. Mine didn’t so I had treatment the day before and she gave me that stuff to burn the night before (you know the herb thing they use before the needle) and it stank out the whole house

How’s the dancing in the kitchen going? We’re looking at holidays today and hoping to escape to the sun in a few weeks. Can’t wait x

Hey Bambi,

I’m seeing my acupuncturist the day after transfer she thought this was a good time ? I did ask her if i needed to see her again as I’ve not seen her since day 4 of stimms.

We have just booked 4 nights in a nice hotel in Ibiza we fly on Monday. Take the embryos on holiday, figured a bit of sunshine would do us all the world of good.

As I was typing this the embryologist rang with a little day 4 update. They’re still moving on even the dodgy 2 and the 2 nicer ones are showing early stages of compaction which is all good.

Transfer day tomorrow ....

@SugaryIris hope the nausea doesn’t take hold too badly!! When’s your 12 week scan?

J xx

Hey Bambi,

I’m seeing my acupuncturist the day after transfer she thought this was a good time ? I did ask her if i needed to see her again as I’ve not seen her since day 4 of stimms.

We have just booked 4 nights in a nice hotel in Ibiza we fly on Monday. Take the embryos on holiday, figured a bit of sunshine would do us all the world of good.

As I was typing this the embryologist rang with a little day 4 update. They’re still moving on even the dodgy 2 and the 2 nicer ones are showing early stages of compaction which is all good.

Transfer day tomorrow ....

@SugaryIris hope the nausea doesn’t take hold too badly!! When’s your 12 week scan?

J xx

That is such great news! Fingers crossed all goes well on Transfer day! These do seem to be doing their thing! Are you having 1 or 2 put in?

4 days full of sun and relaxing sounds like just what the doctor ordered, I hope you have a lovely time.

Not loving the nausea, not gonna lie to you, was sick again this morning. Scan is booked for 15october so will only be 11w3d because I have a 32 instead of 28 day cycle they seem to think I’m a few days ahead of where I am.

@Jezby that's a fantastic day 4 update and great news too on the holiday. Giving a whole new meaning to 'Ibiza baby!'

@SugaryIris excited for you.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back