IVF #3 here we come.....!

Jezby

Reaction score
The day has come..... injections start tomorrow night!

Feeling quite nervous this time, the other 2 times I always knew we had another round, but this is the last one for us.

Changed from Bemfola(Gonal F) to Menopur my consultant said there was been some limited evidence to suggest it produced better quality eggs - anyone else heard this? Otherwise it's all the same short antagonist protocol as the last ones.

My issue as most of you know is rubbish embryo quality 1st cycle we barely had 2 morula's to transfer, the last cycle we had a very early blastocyst. So who knows what this cycle will bring.

It's been a year now nearly since our 1st IVF, 3 years trying.. in the last week my best friend gave birth to twins, & my brother announced I'm going to be an Auntie.. the road is long, and hard and full of unexpected bumps and twists.

Anyone else on an IVF journey feel free to join this post... love to you all ladies, thanks as ever for all your support...

J xxx

Yesss @Jezby !!!

I’m so glad your getting it started and I have absolutely everything crossed for you xx

2 injections in (Menopur it’s a stingy little b***h!!) I feel that familiar fizzing in my ovaries .. bit early tho no? 2 shots down? Hmm I’ll keep an eye on it.

X

So glad you're getting started. Fingers crossed for third time lucky!!

I had Menopur @Jezby because of my age they said best for egg quality so fingers crossed.

I found if I pinched a bigger inch of tummy it stung a little less.

Sending positive vibes and energy your way. Xx

Hoping that the fizzing is a good sign! Get busy those little ovaries!!

I had Menopur @Jezby because of my age they said best for egg quality so fingers crossed.

I found if I pinched a bigger inch of tummy it stung a little less.

Sending positive vibes and energy your way. Xx

Pinching a bigger inch is defo not an issue hahha. Thanks for the tip and interesting to know you were also put on Menopur for similar reasons ..

Thanks everyone. Just got back from seeing my acupuncturist so feeling nice and zen lol

J xx

Just popping in to wish you all the luck in the world.

We’ll be starting ivf#3 next month eeek xx

Thanks you guys ... I had my 1st scan today. Feeling a little glum as the follicle no’s feel so low compared to last time. I’ve attached my chart if anyone has any pearls of wisdom?

Day 9 today so got a few days left yet I guess ... Fingers and toes crossed xx

A48E1E71-3299-4D9C-BC90-59E187D0D955.jpeg

Maybe it’s just because of the change of medication? You may have less but they could be better quality and you only need one. Plus if you are only day 9, there is loads of time for the smaller ones to catch up. When I used to have my scans on the fsh so much changed over a few days, you could never tell which way it was going to go.

2nd scan - seems like I have even less than the 1st. We have 3 that are quite large and a maybe 4 that are coming up to a decent size. Some debate over stimming for another few days until Monday but they’re worried they might lose the bigger 3. Also some question marks over the estrogen levels in my blood test. 7789 on day 9 ..? I have no idea what this means. So awaiting a call this afternoon to see if we go ahead Friday or Monday for egg collection ‍♀️

J xx

Sending you all the positive vibes and baby dust your way @Jezby :dust:

P.s - can i just note the time you posted your message, i am a massive believer in 11:11 - i hope this is a sign for you xx

Fingers crossed you’ve got some good quality beauties in there xxx

I’m triggering tonight for Friday EC. It’s seems to have gone so fast?!

Some debate over if I should use both trigger shots but I’ve decided to go for it...

Thanks all of you so much for your kind words and encouragement xxxx

Good luck sweetheart. I only had one trigger injection and I think I had to stim for 14 days so it just shows how many different versions they are.

Will be thinking of you. Stay positive and hope you manage to get some sleep xx

Good luck!! Have everything crossed for
You x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke