I've been naughty...

Nicola

Reaction score
...just had my first cup of Raspberry Leaf tea!! I know I'm not quite 28 weeks but figured a weak cup 2 days early wouldn't do any harm...been so desperate to try it and it's acutally not that bad. Not normally a fan of fruit teas but this is actually pretty nice. Glad it's not disgusting I've got weeks of drinking it ahead of me!! :wink:

oooh i had my 1st one the other day.. didn't drink all of it tho.... but i'll have a cup to night

could you image if it actually worked :eek: how many are you meant to have tho??

i started drinking last week too and it is really nice, i dont normally like fruit teas either.

i think you drink 1 cup a day from 28 weeks until 36 weeks then drink 2 cups each day.

ive found that once ive had one cup i want another. might try another type of fruit tea see if that satisfies my new found 'craving'

tangerinedream said:
i started drinking last week too and it is really nice, i dont normally like fruit teas either.

i think you drink 1 cup a day from 28 weeks until 36 weeks then drink 2 cups each day.

ive found that once ive had one cup i want another. might try another type of fruit tea see if that satisfies my new found 'craving'

Yes I believe it's:
28 Weeks = 1 Cup Daily
32 Weeks = 2 Cups Daily
36 Weeks = 3 Cups Daily

I am with you on the wanting more once you have had one type thing, I've been thinking that I want another one since finishing it!! I'm not a fruit tea fan either so let me know what one(s) you find. I'll look in Holland & Barrat on Wednesday and report back.

bugger i still havent bought any... knew there was something i'd forgot to do!

Not fair I have 4 weeks before I can have 2 cups per day, I did enjoy last night's though...or was that more because it was "forbidden" :rotfl: I think it's strange some people are told 35+ and others given the increase from 1-3 cups from 28 weeks type thing I suppose it's to give the uterus a proper chance of toning earlier on if you start at 28 weeks? I don't know why there is such different advice on the tea to be honest. The boxes only advise avoiding it during early pregnancy?!

tangerinedream said:
one website said some women take it from 6 weeks of pregnancy !? :think:

OMG that's so early, I was told not to in early pregnancy as the toning effect can actually act as contraction type effect and lead to m/c. Wow, the difference in advice is amazing!!

Hey ladies,

I've been drinking one cup a day from 29 weeks (didn't hear the advice until then!) but was told the same as Nicola by my midwife and I haven't had any adverse reactions so far!

Apart from the fact I keep forgetting to drink it! I was doing so well, but forgot yesterday's and Saturday's cup - grrrrr.

Valentine xxx

yuck yuck yuck! I think it's disgusting and I only managed a couple of mouthfuls so I froze some and made a icelolly out of it and I can just manage that, thought it's the same thing isnt it, I was told not until last couple of weeks to take it though!

Tuc thats a great idea especially as the weather (we hope) warms up a little bit!! I do quite like it though, I don't like it when it starts to get cooler but when it's nice and warm/not quite hot it's lovely. I'll have no probs keeping this tea drinking up!!

tuck said:
yuck yuck yuck! I think it's disgusting and I only managed a couple of mouthfuls so I froze some and made a icelolly out of it and I can just manage that, thought it's the same thing isnt it, I was told not until last couple of weeks to take it though!

Great idea. I don't like tea and really don't like fruit teas. Was going to buy some at the weekend, but am sure I won't like it. Will give this a go if not.

Topbird you could always buy the tablet form...that way you avoid the tea, the taste and so forth.

You can get it in capsule form, so you don't only have the drinking it as tea option :)

Nicola said:
Topbird you could always buy the tablet form...that way you avoid the tea, the taste and so forth.

Oooh cunning.... will have a look for them at the weekend! Had missed the fact they come in tablets too

I think it doesn't taste too nice, but have been having 2-3 cups a day since about 30 weeks with no bad effects. Different places seem to give different advice as to how much to haver and from when. My midwife told me that in Australia women drinkl it right from the beginning of pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back