..A little bit of everything -cheerfull post :)

Baby&i

Reaction score
Hey ladies, feeling great today, i have a beautiful spotless house had a great burst of energy yesterday and mannaged to get alot of cleaning & laundry done mopping up ect. we have the new Cosco open in town too (which is like a huge wholsale warehouse) and so we got our membership and mooched around yesterday got some febreeze with anti bacterial in, some lovely thick all-purpose lemon/lime/orange wipes in bulk. they smell so good and clean the tops so well. grabbed lots of tasty fruit and a big pack of raspberry leaf tea after reading this i thought id give it a go :)..
The benefits

Raspberry leaf tea is nutrient rich and contains many of the vitamins and minerals necessary for a healthy pregnancy including vitamins A, C, E and B, magnesium, calcium and iron. Consuming raspberry leaf tea not only helps mother and baby to get all the nutrients they need but can also help to replenish a new mothers stores after the birth.

Raspberry leaf tea also contains the alkaloid 'fragine' which is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking raspberry leaf during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the second stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

Sipping raspberry leaf tea during and after the birth is also said to help the uterus contract back down to size, reduce after birth bleeding and help initiate the let down of breastmilk.

While there hasn't been a huge amount of research into this area, the general consensus does seem to be that drinking raspberry leaf tea during the latter stages of pregnancy can help to make for a 'better' labour with few side effects.

Once you have reached the 32nd week of your pregnancy you could begin with one cup of raspberry leaf tea a day and gradually increase up to 4 cups or tables a day

Im sat here sipping on a cup of raspberry leaf and honey right now :) were off out home decor shopping after trick or treating with DD later to get the last few bits finished on the house before baby arrives, were getting some new curtains and replacing the blinds in 6 rooms so its cozy for the coming winter. DD is a baby dragon tonight and chose out her costume last month shes dying to try it on bless her cant wait to do her facepaint shes going to look adorable. Were all really starting to get exited for bubs now cant beleive how time has flown by. i have a maternity photo session soon too for a family plus bump pic for our living room i also had my hair cut and are feeling great how is everyone else doing? xx

Glad u had such a great day!!! as for the cleaning, u must be nesting lol!!!
Hmm does it taste nice???
xxx

HAHA, i call it OCD ;)
It tastes so yummy :D i thought it was going to taste yuck but i put two tbs of honey in it and its really quite nice !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back