Ive been in hospital :-( LONG !

Tasha20

Reaction score
Sorry I havnt been on only been able to get out of bed today!

Before I go on I just wanted to say congratulations to all you new mums :clap:

Also This is going to be abit TMI but I am telling you all this so that if you find something similar you can get it sorted straight away!

Ok well in April this year I found a small lump in the inside of my labia, which I then found out was a cyst ( thank god !) the doc gave me some anti biotics and said it should clear up (I found out it was called a bartholins abscess), well it didnt and then went into an abscess and my one lip swelled and become very sore, I was in so much pain I couldnt sit down it was an awfull experience :( I ended up in hospital and in the worst one at that I was treated terribly, I had the abscess drained and it was all over! well I though it was !

I then found out I was pregnant and I still had a tiny bit of the lump left but the doc said it will be fine and shouldnt return and was shocked that they didnt remove it at the time but assured me ill be ok.

Last monday evening I was sat on my birth ball and felt really sore, I inspected :lol: and then found the lump had returned and I knew straight away I was going to be in for a ruff ride again!

I went to the docs the next morning, and he gave me some anit biotics and said ill be fine, well again I wasnt! I ended up having to go into hospital wednesday night in agony, I was in so much pain and all they could give me was pethidine, well I can tell you know that stuff is bloody amazing! but I wouldnt like it in labour I couldnt concenrate on anything so was right for the pain I was in!

Thursday morning I woke up to what looked like I had a flamming brick in between my legs :lol: it was a scary sight I tell ya, even the nurses were pulling faces and one even gave me a cuddle ( i was in a much nicer hospital!) That day I had to go to surgery because it was so bad so they could drain again, I wasnt able to go to sleep because of the risk of premature labour so I had to have a spinal block ( it was horrible I would hate to have a ceaserian (sp).

They still couldnt remove it as im pregnant, and could hemorrige (sp) if they did so I have to wait till all this happens again ( if it does ) before they remove it totaly :(

Well I got home friday and as ther was alot of edema swelling I could hardly walk I have been in bed sinse then and unable to do alot, but today its gone down quite alot and im much more mobile!.

This only affects one in four women and isnt common at all, but please if you find anything like this down stairs get it checked out straight away!
I wouldnt wish what I have gone through on my worst enemy it was horrible. :cry:

Sorry so long and grahic but I just don't want anyone else to go through it!

:D

Hi Tasha

I am sorry that you have had to go through this!! Especially when your feeling rubbish anyway!!!!!! :hug:

I have been having an issue with "spots" down there.... at first I thought It was because I was shaving and the extra discharge etc :oops: But when I discussed it with a friend of mine who works in gynae she told me they were cysts and I should keep my eye on them..... I have to say I have found washing reguarly and squeezing :puke: any I find asap in a hot bath with epsom salts have kept them at bay but I have 2 at the min that I am keeping my eye on and I certanly do not want to end up in hozzie like you did! I didn't know they could get so bad so thank you for posting this! I may go and see the GP for anti-biotics too!!!!!!

Not long now until LO is here and then I am sure we will all feel 100% better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndsey

Oh please Lyndsey get them looked at, or at least talk to your doc, its just not something you need to go through :hug:

Yes not long now before we meet our babies :dance:

:shock: i have two little lumps down there and am now very worried!!

they came up durin my pg but i thought that was part of it? me thinks i will get that checked asap, thanks tasha

i wondered were u had got to hun, hope ur feeling better :hug: xx

aww, that must have been really horrible for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh mate that sounds really bad, what a nasty thing to have!!

Glad your on the mend, hospital stays are never fun!! :(

Welcome back, was wondering where you had got to this morning funnily enough :hug:

OMG - sounds awful - I'm glad you're up and about again - hope you manage to get it sorted once and for all though

LBxx

Awww thank you all so much thats very sweet :hug:

Like I said its not very common, I was just unfortunate, it didnt heal the first time properly because I was pregnant which is why it returned, the first operation has a 99% success rate but lol I was the 1 awkward percent that it didnt work for :lol:

Mine unfortunatly was on the inside of my labia it was a bloked duct by my love hole :rotfl: , most who get it get it on the bikini line, Oh must say that if you wax your bikini line you are at risk also because they can come from ingrowning hairs! So look after your bits ladies and keep an eye on them ! :rotfl:

Aw bless you Tasha, hope you're feeling ok.Don't worry yourself too much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies :hug:

:rotfl: lol yes bumps are too big now to see down there, tho a mirror is usefull :lol:

oh bless you it sounds so painful, will they go once you have had the baby? or are you at risk of them coming back?

God Tasha, i've just read this dunno how i managed to miss it. Not nice hun, hope you're feeling a bit better :hug:

Im feeling a lot better thanks :D

Hopefully I will have healed by the time im in labour :pray: or its going to be even more painfull than it has to be :(

Yes thers a risk it will come back again, I have been doing a lot of research into it and some women have it upto 6 or 7 times before the glands are removed :( so I just hope and pray it doesnt return :pray:

After the research I have done ive realised its much more common than I thought, its just something a lot of women never knew they could get which is why its not so known to everyone.

Glad to hear it hun! :hug:

Hope it doesn't come back, sounds so painful to say the least.

thanks for letting us know, weren't aware of this before. glad you feeling a little better. :cheer:

:pray: Oh me too, it is very, very painfull and after reading a lot of other womens experiences similar to mine, all of them have said they would rather go thru childbirth 10x over :shock: than have to go thru it again, well im going to find out soon :?

Flaming heck, must be bad if they say that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back