Its real!

laurat

Reaction score
Its real I have had a mc! Felt loss of symptoms last week knew something was wrong. Doctor not entertaining me at all. Spotting yesterday and nothing on the scan. I mean nothing! Im devastated and cant believe it. No more bleeding and worried about whats going to happen. Said probably an early mc but could still be ectopic as my hcg levels although very low for 6 weeks rose by 20 odds between Tues and Fri. It waa my first and it feels like everyone I know is pregnant! What should I expect? I feel so empty!

Hi Laurat

Im so sorry to hear about your m/c. My first pregnancy at the end of last year resulted in a m/c I was 10 weeks :cry:. I started to bleed and when I got to the hospital for a scan there was nothing there, just like yourself. You just look at the screen and nothing it very difficult to take in.
I felt very empty too, I felt angry that everyone around me seem to have "normal" pregnancy's, and why did it happen to me! but speaking to people after made me realise that it was very common and can happen to anyone I also told myself something was just not right so my body dealt with it naturally.
I decided to carry TTC and after one A/F I fell pregnant again and im now nearly 7 weeks, Im a little scared but Im just taking one day at a time.
Give yourself time to grieve and speak to friends and family for support, things will get brighter just give it a little time.
Sending you a big hug :hugs: x x x

Thank you! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Could I ask if it was an early m/c and did you have to have surgery or anythibg? Im just so scared what to expect, massive bleeding? How long till a period came? Im worried it wil be sore?

Sorry ive no advice just want to say im so sorry. Massive :hugs:hugs hunni.

So sorry to hear your news Laurat :hugs:

I had a MMC in January (very similar to you all symptoms suddenly stopped but trying to get MW and doctor to believe me was a nightmare) and because there was a threat of an ectopic or Cornual pregnancy I had to have a D&C, but they did monitor my HCG levels for 6 days and it did not double every 48 hours as expected.

I didn't bleed much after surgery - just like a normal period for 3/4 days and a bit uncomfy where they did keyhole surgery prior to the D&C to look for an ectopic.

I haven't had AF yet, but as soon as she's been we'll be back to TTC.

Hope that helps you a bit xx

It does thanks! Sorry for your loss too!

I would just like to know if it is ectopic now as the waiting is too much! Also to know if I have to get a d & c as everything seems to be so up im the air! Ill be trying adap too!

Well for me the scans were inconclusive, they couldn't see exactly where the pregnancy was and it looked suspiciously like it was at the bit that joins the fallopian tude to the uterus so they did keyhole surgery to have a look first.

Then they decided what to do from there.

I do understand when you say yo feel up in the air, it's awful all the waiting.

xx

Hi
I had an eary MC in January, was 6 weeks. I noticed that my symtoms had eased off a bit a couple of days before and then had severe cramps, went for scan and, like you, there was nothing to see. My levels dropped very quickly and I had a natural loss so no medical intervention.
It is a devestating time,and it's easy to feel bitter. Like vicky said, I believe that there had to be something wrong at it was nature's way.
It does get easier to cope with, mine was 3 weeks ago on Monday and I've pretty much accepted it although it was very difficult at first. xx

Hey really sorry about your loss. :hug::hug::hug:

I had MMC in January also. When I went for scan there was no heartbeat. Had D&C 3 days later on the Monday. AF came back 3 weeks 3 days later. Everyone is different but for me the 1st AF was awful but thankfully only lasted 3 days :) The emotions arising out of MMC were for me difficult but it does get easier. Just take one day at a time and i hope you get all your answers soon. xx

Thank you for sharing your stories. I didnt want to come back on the forum at first especially since Im now in this section rather than the first tri! It helps though to talk about it with people who have had the experience. Im hoping to go tomorrow and my levels have dropped and have a natural clean out. As yet I still have had no pain but bleeding is more like a period today as opposed to just spotting yesterday. Ill keep on here for a while I think anyway!

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you xx

so sorry to hear your news. i had a mmc just over a week ago, went on the tuesday 8th for my 11 wk scan and no hertbeat and baby stopped at 8.5 week. its such a horrid thing to go through.
i had the medical management (tablets) my bleeding stopped a week after having the final dose of drugs and im just waiting on af.

i hope you find some strength after this to ttc again. i have been an emotional wreck but these girls on here have provided great advice and im so glad i joined and posted my heartache

x

Thank you! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Could I ask if it was an early m/c and did you have to have surgery or anythibg? Im just so scared what to expect, massive bleeding? How long till a period came? Im worried it wil be sore?

Thanks Laurat

I was scared too Im not the best with needles etc but no I didn't have to have anything done. My body had got rid of everything. I just needed to have blood tests to make sure the pregnancy hormones were dropping so they could rule out an ectopic. I was then discharged 2 weeks later.
I did bleed for a week or so it was just like a heavy period.
I m/c on 22nd November and my first proper period turned up on 26th Dec so i did go straight back to normal.
If there was nothing on your scan I think it should hopefully be the same procedure, fingers crossed for you.
Let me know how you get on sending you another :hugs:
Vicky x x x

Just wanted to say sorry to hear this.

I had MMC and medical procedure, periods were a bit messed up for about 4 months. But as Vicky says u should return to normal quickly, good luck xx

Hi Laura, im so sorry :hugs: I had a MC about 3 weeks ago, I was 7+3 weeks when i started bleeding went for a scan, no heartbeat stopped at 6 weeks :cry: After that i bled for over 2 weeks it was horrible i just wanted it to stop! Im ok now just waiting for AF to arrive.

As princess says it does get easier, take care xxx

Well my hcg levels have halfed and still no pain. Continuing to bleed like a heavy period so good sign it wasnt ectopic and I wont need a d & c. This is a good sign I think. Roll on my next af then Im ttc again soon!

Well I suppose you have to make the best of a bad situation, it's difficult but I suppose at least you know now for sure :-( :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back