what do i count as my first day of bleeding?

kazimotto

Reaction score
hello ladies,

can anyone tell me what i would count as my first day of mc? i had a bleed on mothers day, the 14th march, and later found out thats actually when i lost the baby at 5 & half weeks. i had my internal ultrasound on tues past (23rd march), and since then have come on bleeding heavily and clotting, prior to this all i had was that one bleed (no flow or clots or pain) and then brown spotting until i had the scan. now its all kicked off, pain clots and lots of heavy bleeding. so do i count this as the start of my mc or do i count the 14th? its just that i want to know so i can try to work out my next af or if i will ov as i want to start trying again as soon as, the mw and doctor said that was ok as it was an early natural mc. any advice would be greatly appreciated as i have googled it and got so many conflicting answers. thanks in advance ladies. xxx

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hope you are doing OK.

I'm not totally sure about your question, but I was under the impression from the hospital that you would only ovulate after all the 'products of conception' (nice term huh?) had come away. In other words you will ovulate after all the bleeding has finished, and that the egg would be released about 10 -15 days after the last bit of bleeding. But like you say, there is lots of advice out there, and I dont know what is correct and what isnt. I assume what the hospital told me is right - it would make sense that your body would kick start itself into a cycle after all the baby hormones and blood had gone.

hi lillie, thanks for ur reply, that does make sense. thank goodness, i was already saying to dh omg i'm even gonna miss ov cos i am still bleeding heavy! its like i have gone into overdrive that i have to get pg again asap!xx

Hi Kazimotto, hope your doing ok,

I am the same as Lillie, I don't really know, they didn't tell me anything in hospital other than wait till after you have one period before trying again. At first I thought I would wait a while but now I know what you mean about going into baby overdrive and I also have the real need to be pregnant again.

I even have issues with still trying to have a baby this year and not next year! which is maddness, it will happen when it happens, but because I was due in Sept, I had my mind set to it arriving this year.

You take it easy, blood loss can really drain you. JJ X

hi jj, yeah i know what u mean about draining! i was working last night, in a band and had a two hour gig in front of 400 people, and had to go off stage twice to change because of the blood. did not enjoy it at all, i honestly think now the amount of blood a nd clots i've lost i must be anemic! thats the way it feels anyway, its really heavy. was out today and have had to come home, jammies , doubled pads and hot water bottle! its nightmare. and i know waht u mean about wanting one this yr, i am the same. i'm like it has to be now so in time for xmas! its mad eh. and my hormones are thru the roof! if i'm not crying and feeling insecure about everything, i'm ready to kill somebody!! dh hiding i think!! hope ur doing ok too, and lets hope we get over this bit really soon. xxx

Oh blimey that must have been horrible for you, I hope your were not the lead singer or the audience would have notticed! Will you have the chance to loaf about for a few days now instead just till it all settles?

If it helps you, I had my emergancy D&C on the 12th and only started bleeding on the 11th march and now 15 days later I got a BFN with FMU today, so won't take hormones long to go , and you may take less time for you (I was 11 weeks gone). so back on for 2010 baby maybee for both of us?

Keep chirpy and shout if you want to chat anytime X JJ

hi jj, yeah i am lead singer...i am frida in abba tribute, my sis is agnetha and had to do two of my solos! yeah for next couple days will be takin it easy thank god! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back