It's positive! What do i do now?!

joyous

Reaction score
So i put off testing for 3 weeks after my period was due as didn't think it was possible and didn;t really have any symptoms, but OH was going on at me to do a test so i did last night, did 2 and got positive almost straight away!!
What do i do now? I've phoned my doc, but what are the big DOs and DON'Ts. Any advice please!!:dance:

Congrats hun!

It's all just common sense really.

Make sure you eat healthily, take your folic acid and get lots of rest. Google what you can and can't eat :)
No booze, no ibroprofen (sp?)

Obviously avoid any stress / heavy lifting / very strenuous exercise.

Basically though you just need to be nice and calm, and carry on as you are. Your GP will advise about next step with Midwife etc..

Not sure if you plan on telling people yet? If not best to keep things as 'normal' as possible

Aslo get yourself to Tri 1 LOL!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
congratulations on ur bfp hun thats lovely news and a great early xmas pressie!

Yeh what Carnat said basically hun, make sure you keep a healthy lifestyle etc, certain foods are a no no (e.g. certain soft cheeses, prawns, eggs done in a certain way etc etc...and no alcohol)

have u started taking foic acid yet?

xxx

Congrats Hun my advice is just relax and enjoy it xxxx

Congrats :) try and stay stress free, make sure you take folic acid and stop drinking/smoking. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Congratulations. Me too found out this weekend :) My hubby rang the docs and I can only get in a week tomorrow!!!!!! Not that it really matters mind. Just bought some folic acid. Too be honest it has not really sunk in.
x

Congraulations Lou, hopefully we're both have happy and healthy pregnancies. I still find it hard to believe.
thanks girls for your advice. I actually have a scan tomo as i've been using clomid so the fertility unit want to keep a close eye on me which is nice. Not sure if i'll see anything at 7 weeks? I know i won;t sleep much tonight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back