What can't i do?

Also, wippy ice cream is out , but good news mcflurry is fine as they pasturise it especially for preggy ladies to be able to eat :)

Kayelle my MW specifically told me I wasn't allowed McFlurrys? None at all :(

Well it seems there are different opinions, but mcdonalds pasturise the ingredients that could contain listeria

I think they really wrap us in bubble wrap so I tend to eat what I want and when lol! Think they just advise against things because of food poisoning - but shouldnt we always be alert for that rather than just during pregnancy eh? I avoid foods that would directly harm baby but things regarding food poisioning! Paaah I'll have my chocolate eclairs thank you very much!! Haha xx

Lol fair play. I have gone off all the stuff I shouldn't have anyway lol

My first MW appointment I was told NO SHELLFISH, NO SOFT CHEESES, NO COLESLAW, NO OTHER HOME-MADE SANDWICH FILLERS if you don't know what's in them, NO SOFT/RUNNY EGGS, DEFO NO PATE, AND all salad and veg should be well washed and meat thoroughly cooked,oh and to lower caffine intake. Also that certain fish like tuna, salmon or a bit of mackerel in small amounts only a few times a week was fine. (some fish or too much can contain mercury which isnt good)

So for me a lovely rare steak was out the window, a scrummy coleslaw and ham bap was out, scampi and prawn cocktail is a no go, and cheese I'm not fussed about anyways... however as soon as my sickness kicked in, i went off tea completely, not a big coffee drinker, couldnt drink anything with any flavour at all so lived on water for weeks! And I started really enjoying meat well done anyways so all good...then the cravings started and I just want cheeses, im gagging for some scampi and a prawn cocktail, i'd kill for a pot of coleslaw and well I've had eggs on 3 occasions so far and was happy with them being hard in the middle. I've become addicted to any orange flavoured drink and I despised orange before! lol And I cant go a day without a nice coffee! (this is the only caffine I have in my diet and one cup per day cant be that bad!) This pregnancy cant get any weirder for me so far lol

There are plenty of websites out there though that state the very basics of whats safe and whats not as I've noticed different MW's tell you different things! :S

Generally its all about foods that may be harmful/more likely to cause food poisoning.

Steak cooked medium rare is fine - any bacteria are killed off in the cooking. Coleslaw is fine, as are shellfish like prawns as long as they are cooked well.

Most shop/supermarket products like coleslaw/mayo are fine, you just need to be careful when eating out - in that case its only a quick question you need to ask to see if food contains any uncooked eggs etc.

Just go with your common sense in my opinion and don't panic if you happen to have eaten a tuna mayo sandwich!!

FYI the mcflurry thing is to do with the cleanliness of the machine. Which is why whippys from ice cream trucks are a no no. However I've had the odd mcflurry because they get cleaned twice a day and all the ingredients is pasteurised.

I'm only passing on what my MW told me. She specifically said no McFlurrys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back