What can't i do?

Lou12

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first time pregnant and very early days, and a bit confused about the dos and don't's. So I'd appreciate any advice you can offer on what I can't eat and drink any more please?

For example - should I have eaten that piece of cheesecake I had last night? It was a lovely white chocolate and raspberry one, and I was halfway through it when I thought - oh bugger I seem to remember something about cheese... so I left the rest!!! haha.

xxxx

Cheesecake is safe. It is cheese like brie, goats cheese and blue cheese to avoid. Also no no to pate. Cured meats unless cooked. Fresh home made mayo because of the raw egg. erm... cant think of anything else at mo xx

Store bought cheesecake will be fine, it's just home made stuff that might be raw or unpasteurised or something!

Anything raw or unpasteurised sums it up, raw meat, raw fish, blue cheese, etc.

Also obviously alcohol, most women cut out caffeine but I'm just cutting down to two cups a day which is a safe amount, normal cheese is fine, as is well known brands of soft cheese like Dairylea and Laughing Cow.

Erm can't think of anything else!

Sorry nikki totally stepped on your post there, didn't see it before I posted!! xx

Thanks Nikki and leesey - I really regret not eating all of that cheesecake now lol - it was delicious!

Last edited:
lol leesey we must have been posting same time :)

Runny eggs is also a no-no, and I've heard that nutmeg and some other spices can bring on uterine contractions in large amounts, but I think a little bit is fine :)

Hi hunni avoid liver too i was told, too much vitamin a, no more than 3 tins of tuna per week, no prawns/shellfish

(personally i did/do eat a runny egg now and then mw said long as its not too many and theyre in date should be fine)

Hope that helps xxx

I do love a runny egg now and then - though when I try to soft boil it, it always seems to come out hard! lol I honestly used to be able to boil an egg!

You can have prawn/shellfish as long as they are cooked, but who would eat them raw anyway(yack).
Also NHS have said sushi is safe to eat as the fish is normally frozen prior to being used but i wouldnt eat that anyway makes me gag. Also be careful with undercooked meat xx

No parsley
No runny egg
No unpasterized mayo
No ibuprofen
Limit caffine

Yeah store bought cheesecake is ok, not home made!

Only 1 (I think) can of tuna a week because of the mercury levels or something
Think mayo is out? Can't remember, but I'm sure my mw said something about mayo

You're supposed to cook red meat thoroughly so no rare steaks, although I think the bacteria live on teh outside not the in so as long as you sear the outsides well you should be ok with a bit of medium/rare.

If you google there is probably a list out there somewhere xxxxxx

As above :)

Also some teas are out like raspberry, blackcurrant etc so I am told :( booooo

I am really craving a ham and coleslaw bap from our lovcal sandwich shop but they make the coleslaw with homemade mayo grrrrr, guess where I am sending hubby once Bug is born :)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

On the caffeine - I've already bought decaf haha :) Can't do without my cuppa!!!

No parsley
No runny egg
No unpasterized mayo
No ibuprofen
Limit caffine

Why no parsley Fi? I've only just gone and put some on my vegetables for seasoning?!!

Edit: no wait, it was thyme :lol:

Something about uterine contractions...

Oh and no booze or cigarettes in case you were planning a night out on the town lol

I read it was only parsley tea that you should avoid, same with sage tea. But its ok to use dry and fresh parsley in cooking? xx

parsley is ok for cooking, but not to drink hundreds of cups of tea made with it :p but you can use it for cooking as the amounts are very small when used for seasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back