Its my birthday and i have a few questions?

Paula+bump

Reaction score
Well today its my birthday i am 31 still feel about 24 anyway rather than thinking of my birthday i am worrying about the little one!

Ok with my other pregnancies i have felt baby kick from just over 14 weeks well the 2nd and my last baby, this is number 4, and i thought i felt little movements in the evening just once or at most twice in the evening just a i relax after dinner, this went on for a few days about 14+ weeks and felt like little one, but over the last few weeks since i have felt nothing, and it's a bit worrying as i felt all the others earlier, i listened with the doppler this morning and herd the heartbeat so im sure things are ok, but you can't help but worry, my others where all really active maybe this one is just lazy or not as strong?? Has anyone noticed a difference in strength of kicks between male and female? My last was a boy and always kicking really hard from 14+ weeks maybe this one is a girl??

Anyone else had the same? they say you feel each baby sooner don't they...maybe i am worrying for nothing but you can't help thinking maybe something is wrong with the baby and that's why it's not very strong..... maybe it's just me :( being stupid!!

Happy Birthday!!! :dance:

This is my first baby and I have only been feeling proper movements for the last couple of weeks, so cannot help I am afraid.... but it could be the way the baby is lying? It is a good thing the heartbeat is strong, but you could ring your midwife if you are really worried. :hug:

Happy birthday Paula :dance:

Ring your MW if you're worried, but as you've heard the heartbeat it probably is just that the baby is lying in a position where you won't feel it as much. I normally feel mine when I'm in bed or have been sitting for a while. I'm sure you'll start to feel your baby again soon x

hi hun i also felt little one at bout 14 weeks and other night was lying in bed and decided tap on my tummy so it makes a little drumming noise after doing it on and off for 5 mins i felt bubs move agen, i know he/she is movin cus got a doppler and always hear movements on there but this was the second time without the doppler and i could really feel little bubbles n pullin motions. try lying and doing this but make sure your relaxed hun, ask midwife if ur really worried but im sure all is ok. xxxxx

Hi

Happy belated birthday hun :hug:
As for the kicking i swear it depends on the baby.
When i was pregnant with Kiara she kicked all the time now this time (my boy) is so lazy i have to keep pocking at him, or eat somthing to get him to move, the only other time is when i go to bed. Saying that there had been numerous times this pregnancy where i didnt feel him move for days . Hope that helps hun maybe this time our LO;s arent as active as a previous pregnancy
Katrinaxx

Big thank you to you girlys that have replied :hug: means alot!.... well i tryed everything you said and lay there at night in bed hands on tummy and nothing,I even tryed what you said kimheath still nothing, i have not felt a kick in the last 2 weeks which i am really starting to worry about now, im 17 weeks today! My hubby to be is also really worried too :(

I really thought that i would feel something in the evening or in bed but nothing,i even dreamed all night about trying to get baby to move was not nice, i am going to try an book an appointment with my MW for monday but not sure i can wait till them but thats the days she does clinic, hope i can get in, as it is all i am thinking about now that something is wrong, as i felt my last nearly daily from 14+ weeks.

I hope it is that baby is just laying Weenik i really do but as each day passes its a little more worrying...

Thanks Saulino, i thought maybe it is just down to the baby but even eating or poking baby or laying in bed at night does not make any difference, which i thought i may get a little kick or something at least :(

i had the same with this one aswell, this is my 4th and my second and third i felt alot earlier, didnt really start feelin this one til 18/19 wks when i had my scan they said the placenta was anterior which might explain why i hadnt felt it as early.

but now LO kicks for england and altho its still not as hard as the others were its definately there :D

hope you get thjis sorted hun it is worrying when things seem different to what your used to

:D Thanks Lyn that has made me feel a little better knowing you had the same and being your 4th as well, did you feel baby at all before that time though?

I popped in the dr's on my way back from dropping my little girl off at school and booked a MW appointment for monday 3pm.... just seems ages away though, but my hubby to be has a weekend away planned for me somewhere all a surprise for my birthday so im sure that may help take my mind off it a little!

I woldn't worry too much Paula.

My colleague is having her third baby and didn't feel it move till quite late on despite feeling the others quite early. When she had her 20 weeks scan it came out that the placenta was attached to the front of the womb, therefore the baby would have to kick through it to be felt.

If your placenta is like this then you won't be able to feel the baby until much later on when it is stronger.

K.xxx

Thanks KJ :hug:

I think the reason i am worrying more is that i am sure i felt baby around 14+ weeks a few evenings in a row when i settled down in the evening and then it just stopped, had i not felt anything then i think i would not have been so worried, im sure it is maybe that the placenta is as you say at the front or the way baby is laying, but you can't help but worry and think the worse can you!

Thanks again for your post xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back