Itchy legs

laura-82

Reaction score
I keep getting really itchy legs & can't stop scratching them, is this normal?

Is it just one of them pregnancy things or should I be worried? :think:

some itching is normal but excessive itching can be the sign of a problem (there is a sticky dedicated to it - obstetric cholestasis I think)

might be worth a read :hug: :hug: :hug:

i had this yesterday... really irratating... i put some sudocreme on the itch and it seemed to go away........

omg.. how mad i also had it yesterday.. think it might be hair commign through tho.. coz i shaved my catapillar trunks..

I get itchy armpits really bad... I've found it has to do with the hair coming in which means I have to shave them everyday now... the skins gone really soft on my arms since I got pregnant, so I don't know if that has something to do with it... :think:

i had really bad itching in my last pregnancy with my son and ended up taking piriton like tablets that the dr prescribed but i found instrad of scratching it with ur finger nails i brought a body puff and used that to scratch away with it did the job and didnt break my skin!!!!!

tattybear85 said:
i had really bad itching in my last pregnancy with my son and ended up taking piriton like tablets that the dr prescribed but i found instrad of scratching it with ur finger nails i brought a body puff and used that to scratch away with it did the job and didnt break my skin!!!!!

I'm not sure what to do, they are really itchy & I've just read up on OC & am now very worried, I have a MW appointment next Thursday so not sure if I should wait til then or try & get an appointment before then just to get it checked out & put my mind at rest.

Don't want to waste the DR's time if it turns out that its just me over reacting.

What should I do??

oh hun I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you telling you about the sticky :hug: :hug: :hug:

Why don't you ring your midwife/docs and explain your symptoms...I'm sure they'll advise you on the best course of action

Don't worry xxxxxx

Oh no Hun it's ok :hug:

I rang to try & see the MW but they said they were full until next week, I might call them back & ask if she can give me a call.

Its probably nothing to worry about, but you can't help worrying about these things can you.

Thanks

they thought i may of had OC but it turned out i didnt and it was an alergic reaction to something(pregnancy in my opinion lol)

have a go at using the body puff though and dont use ur fingernails as if u break your skin ur open to infections etc etc

If you cant get an appointment to see your midwife ring NHS direct and see what they say they may say to go hospital and get it checked out!

xxx

tattybear85 said:
they thought i may of had OC but it turned out i didnt and it was an alergic reaction to something(pregnancy in my opinion lol)

have a go at using the body puff though and dont use ur fingernails as if u break your skin ur open to infections etc etc

If you cant get an appointment to see your midwife ring NHS direct and see what they say they may say to go hospital and get it checked out!

xxx

Thanks hun, I'll give the body puff a go & slap some cream on to try & soothe it (feels like there on fire :shock: )

Hiya Laura
See if you can get some aqueous cream and also Magicool spray helps alot.
If you can't get in at MW and you ae worried ask to see your GP it is just a simple blood test but will put your mind at rest if nothing else

I don't mean to scare you but a week is a long time to wait to see MW if you have concerns

Good luck :hug:

:shock: Oh my goodness, I leave you for 10 mins and look!!!

Insist on being seen babe...please!

Even if you are just itchy and its not OC it will put your mind at rest. Now you've read that sticky you will be analysing every movement....I did it a few weeks ago. See your GP, it's better than nothing. I don't believe they can't see you til next week, they are so full of sh1t!!!

At least they will give you something soothing to put on it, or give you antihistamines or something...

But go. After work, then txt me...or I'll come out in a rash worrying about you :twisted:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've just called the doctors again (they'll be sick of me!!!)

I have to ring at 08:30 to make an appointment for tomorrow to see the Doc.

Thanks for you help everyone your all lovely :hug: :hug:

Good luck hunny, its much better go go and put your mind at at rest
:hug:

UPDATE ..............

Just got back from the doctors, she said that because every inch of my body isn't itching (its mainly my arms & legs) then she doubts its OH but I am going for blood tests tomorrow just to make sure.

She has prescribed me piriton & a massive tub of Diprobase to try & soothe it.

Thanks again everyone, :hug: hopefully I'm just worrying about nothing but its best to get it checked out.

Have you got your results back yet hun?
I only itched on my arms and legs so it is good you have had blood done

Yeah Laura, where are your results???? Maybe you should chase them up????

Are you still itchy? Sorry I forgot to ask...I am so selfish :oops:

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back