itchy feet

Gruntie2

Reaction score
I know we've had a topic recently about itchy legs... and underarms....
for the past couple of days... the heels of my feet and the underneath of my feet have really been itching.... feels like they are sunburnt.... is this a sign of anything or do i just have itchy feet LOL

poor you! how do you manage to scratch them?

not heard that itchy feet mean anything..get oh to put some cream on

i have my socks on (at work)... so just keep giving em a good scratch over my socks... i may put some sudocreme on when i get home...

me too, itchy feet and underams, as well as VERY itchy bump

Just be careful and monitor it though - itchiness on your hands and feet is also a sign of that OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS which I think, as the midwife put it, your body being allergic to your baby! Not trying to scare you or anything! lol! -read the sticky at the top of the page.

Kylie1007 said:
Just be careful and monitor it though - itchiness on your hands and feet is also a sign of that OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS which I think, as the midwife put it, your body being allergic to your baby! Not trying to scare you or anything! lol! -read the sticky at the top of the page.

thank you so much for posting this. i had never read the thread and now i realise how serious it could be. i've had severe itching for a while although on my hands and feet it has gone down a little. i'm definately going to book an emergency appointment with my midwife and ask for the blood test - I'm actually shaking with fear right now. :shock: :cry: :|

When I spoke to my MW the other week about my itching she said she wasn't too worried because it was on my legs she said she would be concerned if the itching was on the palms of my hands or the bottom of my feet.

I would speak to a MW or your local hosp just to be on the safe side. It could be nothing and just due to the cold weather.

i'm itching all over now after reading that post.... i have a scan on monday so i will mention it to the consultant then.. see what she says...

:wave:

It's right to be concerned...but try not to freak yourself out :hug:

That sticky is scary stuff...but your hands and feet do get hot and itchy through pregnancy. I have both times and its been nothing. Try putting the inside of your wrists under the cold tap, that should give you some relief until you can get some cream. You can buy aqueous cream over the counter, until you get something prescribed.

Being itchy sux though :hug: :hug:

laetitia85 said:
Kylie1007 said:

thank you so much for posting this. i had never read the thread and now i realise how serious it could be. i've had severe itching for a while although on my hands and feet it has gone down a little. i'm definately going to book an emergency appointment with my midwife and ask for the blood test - I'm actually shaking with fear right now. :shock: :cry: :|

Yes don't worry yourself too much - just something to be aware of though. Am sure it's nothing - you're prob just too hot or something!

Kylie1007 - i love the way your HV described it. Mine said something along the lines of its my liver having a paddy because of my baby :D

if you get any localiesed (sp) ithching don't hesitate to contact your hv/doctor. the only reason i mentioned it and thus descovered i suffered from OC was the fact it was keeping me awake. Everywhere i had read about itching said it was normal. :x

towards the end of my pg, the worse patch of itching i had was inside my left wrist. I would itch it in the middle of the night and draw blood without realising.

If you are really worried about it, ask for your lft and alts to be tested to put your mind at rest (my doc admitted after that he wouldn't have sent for me to have these tested). I know i was VERY stressed when i was waiting for my results to come back.

in the mean time. Put a damp flannel in a bag and pop it in the fridge. It was a god send when i was REALLY itchy. I was given Piriton and a tub of aqueous cream, and camaloe (sp) lotion was recomended to me.

try not to worry over it though (easier said than done, i know). What ever happens, at least you will know, you can be put on meds, and you will be looked after. but then it could just be another of those wonderful pregnancy symptoms!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back