Itchy hands & feet *BACK FROM HOSPITAL*

happy-chick

Reaction score
Following on from my swollen feet topic my hands and feet have now gone really hot and feel like theres loads of blood pressure in them, they are almost throbbing.... they are really itchy and hot & not sure what it is but it doesnt feel good at all...

What should i do, its driving me mad & a little worrying as it feels like my fingers and toes are gunna explode :(

can u not get checked out? sounds like it could be p-e??

I think you should call your midwife asap...that doesn't sound like a good sign... :hug: :hug: :hug: :think: :think:

I'd get it checked out hun.
My hands go like that when I use soap, so it could be an allergic reaction to a bath product or something but you do have to get it checked out. Even to get told that you are worrying over nothing :hug:

They said to go down to labour ward and they will run some blood tests, take my BP and check baby etc... ill update when i get home

Im home, they checked BP and baby which are both fine. They've tested for ICP (INTRAHEPATIC CHOLESTASIS OF PREGNANCY) which is a liver condition which can occur in pregnancy, they said they doubt its that but are testing anyway and also for other routine things.
They have sent me home & are going to ring me in the morning with the results. They think it could be an allergy so have given me some piriton to control the itching but chemist not open til tomorrow so gotta suffer until then :(

Will let you know in morning :)

i had this with alice (there are a few others of us on here that suffered as well). there is a thread about it in 3rd tri http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=13763

My 'top tip' is to pop a flannel in the fridge. Fantastic to wrap around your feet in the middle of the night so you can get some sleep.

oh, and camolie (sp) lotion is said to be good for it. but i used aquasis (sp) cream.

Let us know what the results show :hug:

(sorry about the spelling - its still to early for my brain to function)

morning!!

my feet were the size of elephants last night, i know the feeling.. tight... etc.. keep them up and a nice cold flannel does the trick (i officially got told off by midna for not having them up) its well weird.. coz my left ankles swollen but my right foot is? gah.. im just a weirdo..

Just saw this thread- hope you manages to get some sleep last night :hug:

Tesco sell piriton I think

hey Jo how are you this morning?

i never knew the flannel trick... i end up with really swollen ankles by the end of the day so I will try that one...

Its always best to get these things looked into... If it is serious, you've had the test and they will be able to look after you.... if it isn't at least you know its just an allergy and can take the correct meds to make you better. Hope its a bit better today...

When I had all these mossie bite on my feet when we were on holiday this year, and my feet were terribly swollen and itchy, I remember putting my feet in a bowl of water with some ice and it was like heaven..... :D you could try that if things get bad.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yep all my levels are within range although I have to wait for one more blood result on Monday they think its an allergy or reaction to something but nothing to worry bout, not sure what its an allergy too though :think:

My feet arent particularly swollen, just very itchy and hot and feel like theres lots of pressure and I also now have a dotty rash... lovely! haha im just very relieved its not anything serious & glad to have my mind at rest.

They were absolutly fantastic at the hospital and I would not hesitate to go back if I had any further problems which is a bit of a shock to be honest!! :) They've also given me a kick chart and said that I should be recording bubs movements each day which i wasnt aware of!

only just saw this post but i'm glad you're ok Jo and ihope the itching stops/eases for you soon :hug:

I take a cold hot water bottle to bed when my feet are like that- it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back