Swollen feet - Also palpatations...

happy-chick

Reaction score
Ive got swollen feet and they feel pretty itchy for some reason, they kinda feel like theres loads of pressure in them which i presume is cos of the swelling? I've been wearing loose socks cos my ankles have started to swell when I wear tighter ones....

Is this anything to worry about or is it normal? :)

When i lie in bed i can feel my heart beating really hard in my chest (palpatations) and i can feel like my fingers, hands and feet all throbbing as though i can feel the blood pumping around my body... Is this a sign of high/low blood pressure or anything to be worried about?

its really normal.. mine were swollen last night in bed.. felt tight.. put ur feet up and get ur socks off..

Next MW appointment is thursday so will ask her then :)

I didn't think u go em this early though thats all, and the feeling of pressure is weird. My legs kinda feel like blood isn't circulation properly for the past few days then my feet have swelled which is what worried me. :think:

Oh that can't be comfortable! hope it gets better very soon! :hug: I haven't had this problem (yet) which I find strange as I thought it was more common in overweight women???

Put them up asap and mention it to midwife the swelling is normal but keep an eye on the tingling and pressure, :hug:

yep i've had this badly but mainly in the heat. My MW said its fine and i have a few excercises to do like rolling my ankles round.

Also making sure your not having more that your recommended mg of sodium - so salt, processed foods etc.

Keeping your feel above your heart also helps x x

When i lie in bed i can feel my heart beating really hard in my chest (palpatations) and i can feel like my fingers, hands and feet all throbbing as though i can feel the blood pumping around my body... Is this a sign of high/low blood pressure or anything to be worried about?

nah!! me and kim were talking about it yesterday.. if i get up quick i get it.. its just coz we got loads more blood pumping aobut our bodies..i lay in bed n instead of counting sheep im counting my pulse.. hate it.. its sooo loud but.. we got loads more blood in our bodies..try not to worry

Oooo i think i know what it is....

What are the symptoms of anaemia during pregnancy?

If the woman is otherwise healthy, she will rarely have any symptoms of anaemia unless her haemoglobin (red pigment) is below 8g/dl.

* The first symptoms will be tiredness and paleness.

* Palpitations - the awareness of the heartbeat, breathlessness and dizziness can occur, though they are unusual.

Ive been getting palpitations, breathlessness and dizziness so that answers my question about that I think! :clap:

i get palpitations too... i think its something to do with the extra blood going through your body :think:

Jo, I really hope I dont scare you but I would maybe check with your GP. If your haemaglobin is below 8 it is a wee bit too low. I know you mentioned you are on iron before, I think you maybe need it checked to make sure it has come up a bit. I would make an apointment but its probably nothing to worry about :hug:

ella said:
Jo, I really hope I dont scare you but I would maybe check with your GP. If your haemaglobin is below 8 it is a wee bit too low. I know you mentioned you are on iron before, I think you maybe need it checked to make sure it has come up a bit. I would make an apointment but its probably nothing to worry about :hug:

He didnt seem to concerned at my appointment last friday and told me to come back in 2 weeks if i wasnt feeling an improvement.... he didnt take blood or anything as he said there was no need to. Do you really think i need to go see him again?

Could you phone him and ask what he thinks. I would have thought he would have checked your blood :roll: - but Im constantly disapointed with what GPs do - im probably over cautious though. Maybe see how you feel and if it gets worse or you dont feel well - go see him.

I dont feel 'unwell' anymore thats massively improved sine taking the iron supplements, ill hang fire and see what happens and defo speak to my MW on thurs! Thanks :)

Drink lots of water, stay away from adding salt to foods or foods that have added salts in them (this retains water).

Put your feet up and relax, try not to walk round much either, your feet need to be positioned higher than your heart.

Also, get your OH to rub your feet and ankles, rub upwards towards your legs.

I get this all the time and know how itchy and sore they can be, you may feel that the tip of your foot is about to burst with pressure. I find having this area rubbed upwards with the thumbs for 5 mins starts the swelling to go down.

Sounds horrible happy chick... Mention it to your Midwife during your next appointment. I've had swollen feet and palpatations too... The midwife wasn't really worried about either as my bp was low.... Your Heart has to work twice as fast during pregnancy to make all the blood flow round the body, which is why it beats the way it does.. if you're really worried, make an appointment with your GP to get your bp checked. :hug: :hug:

OMG - I am having the exact same thing with my heart at the moment. I was actually about to post earlier about it but didn't really know how to explain it.

I forgot to ask my MW about it at my appointment but when she comes round for a chat about the homebirth I may ask then.

I feel it more when I'm reasting - usually at night while I'm tryingt o sleep or reading is when I feel it most. It almost makes my breathing feel athsma (sp) - like in a way.

It's scary but it doesn't make me want to ring 999 if you know what I mean.

I though it was related to my rib problems (I had a few incidents in my youth that cracked them) but now I'm not sure.

monster_munch said:
OMG - I am having the exact same thing with my heart at the moment. I was actually about to post earlier about it but didn't really know how to explain it.

I forgot to ask my MW about it at my appointment but when she comes round for a chat about the homebirth I may ask then.

I feel it more when I'm reasting - usually at night while I'm tryingt o sleep or reading is when I feel it most. It almost makes my breathing feel athsma (sp) - like in a way.

It's scary but it doesn't make me want to ring 999 if you know what I mean.

I though it was related to my rib problems (I had a few incidents in my youth that cracked them) but now I'm not sure.

Yeah sounds same as me, breathing seems to be worse for me if i lie on my back so ive been trying to lie on my side when in bed so i can breath easier.

Let me know what ur MW says, id be interested to know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back