itchy bits

Mummy Rich

Reaction score
title not as it seems haha!

my hands are feet are itching.

its like ive got fleas, nits, scabies and any other itchy rash thing

ive used a bit of sudocrem and that is very temp relief.

what the hell is it!?!?

obviously its preg related as everythin else is ha!

ive had it for bout 5 days x

you really should get that checked hun , It may be nothin but I had cholestasis in my last pregnancy which can start like that and can be serious if not treated. It's a simple blood test to check and better safe than sorry :hug:

nazmomi said:
you really should get that checked hun , It may be nothin but I had cholestasis in my last pregnancy which can start like that and can be serious if not treated. It's a simple blood test to check and better safe than sorry :hug:

took the words out of my mouth. go to your mw or GP and they should send of blood tests to check your LFT's and ALT's (my GP had not heard of the condition).

Try aquasis (sp) cream to sooth your hands and feet.

i agree with what the others have said hun, its better to get it checked.
I had a LFT done last week because of itching and its come back slightly abnormal and ive got to see the doctor next week.

I've no idea what all this lft lark means. I'll see how it goes then get it checked with my midwife. Sarah what do you mean slightly abnormal? I dont understand how itching can be a bad thing. Annoying yes . . Most definitely x

sorry i don't explain things propley sometimes.
LFT is a liver function test.
i had to go for this because i have been really itchy and mine came back slightly abnormal, not sure what that means yet

i was told elevated LFT's suggest it could be the pregnancy making your liver work overtime, elevated ALT's is where they worry. The first set of bloods i had done my LFT's where raised and my ALT's where fine. The next set a week later my ALT's where raised as well and that is when they said i had OC.

Every week my ALT's went above normal they would panic :wall: i was diagnosed about 30 weeks but i started about 25 weeks.

There is a thread in 3rd tri with some handy links if you want to know more, but don't get yourself overly worried.

Got to have my first set of bloods done this week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back