Isit safe...

babyslog

Reaction score
To have a tooth taken out whilst pregnant??

Im in so much pain today/tonight.. My wisdom tooth is STILL trying to grow through for the last literally 2years!!! And its decided to have a growth spurt today.
Gums ripped open, cant even touch my cheek and kills when i eat.
Im laying here while my mouth throbs :(

I dnt have a dentist atm, but as im preggy ive been told to call any one and theyll c me for an emergency.
Dno if theyll even take it out but jesus it kills!!!!

Ive taken paracetamol for now. Hoping it eases x

I'm not sure, think be a prob because of the anaesthetic.

Toothache is a killer thou!! I feel for u :(

Not even like u can swirl a bit of whiskey on it! :-/ xx

Tapatalking. X

Difficult ask midwife but u may be able to have detenox as that's suitable for babies even new borns to ease pain otherwise I know clove oil is a no in preg and I think anestetic would be possible but best avoided where poss gargle salt water tho that does help mine and alco free mouth wash too. Don't want to scare u but ddoubt wud take it out my friend had hers out not preg n they did local anestetic and had to lean on her cheast to do it she had massive bruises after which I imagine they wouldn't do if preg hmmm ? X

Wisdom teeth are notoriously hard to get out so probably not, worth going to find out though, if it's come through enough it may be possible. Mine play up and all four are impacted so they push my other teeth closer together everytimr they grow. It's a nightmare!! My teeth are horrible and crowded as it is! They wouldn't take mine out as still embedded in the bone:-(
This reminds me, I must go to the dentist, still not been since I got pregnant!!!

Thanks girls.
Ill ask up hosp today what they suggest.
Off up for a routine trace! Xx

Its fine to have teeth out while pregnant and anaesthetic is also fine. Like someone said though if it is an awkward extraction they might prefer to wait until you have has the baby just so it doesn't put you in too much stress.
but then again i know what wisdom tooth pain can cause too! It will be worth seeing someone though, they will try their best to get you out of painx

*what stress wisdom teeth pain can cause

I think they prefer to do work on you in tri 2 BUT if you are in that much pain you really need to weigh up what is best.

I had horrendous gum infections in tri 1 and ended up on antibiotics (safe in pregnancy). As I refused an X-Ray they couldn't pin point the cause of the problems.

In tri 2 I went back and saw a different dentist who decided to take out a filling and secure tooth as he thought it may need to be removed. I had some local which I was fine with as I had made sure it was safe in pregnancy. I also had to wear a special mouth guard thingy as the filling being removed was silver so possibly could contain mercury.

Once he drilled out filling he saw it was only a little decay so he removed that and refilled then and there. I was done within about 45 minutes and even went straight into work after :lol:

Also in the waiting room before appointment was the first time I properly felt James!!

Sorry, I digress. My point is bub needs you relaxed and comfortable so I would say ring a dentist and see what they can do

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks hun!

I forgot to ask midwifes while i was up the hosp lol..
Tooth isnt so bad today tho,
Taken paracetamol and it wasnt as painful while munching my cereal.
So FX its stopped growing for now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back