My emergancy dental story

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Right cant get NHS for trying around my area
favorites60.gif
so im private :(
But i thought id give it another go :pray: as im now exempt being preggers :dance:
Not a hope in HELL (more chance of John Barrowman falling in love with me and marrying me :rotfl: ) ahhhh now thats a nice dream :sleep: sorry went of topic :oops: :lol:
Anyway all practices saying nope full no room at the the inn for poor old me :roll: i have to admit i didnt try them all i gave up after the fifth one turned me away
cue poor sarah violins
drama.gif

I went to my private dentist a month ago with pain and bleeding in my gums (of course preggers related as this can occure )
she checked my teeth said there in good shape but being preggers reccomended the hygenist to help stop the bleeding I mentioned the crown tooth hurt more then the other's but she didnt seem all that bothered by it and sent me on my way

so i have 2 courses of hygiene clean cost a fortune :( wow :shock: my mouth bled like id chomped down on someones neck and had a vampire feast
dentist.gif
:rotfl:

Anyway it worked :dance: my gums stopped bleeding and hurting all but one the one tooth i have a crown on continued to hurt and bleed it's got very bad this week
toothachemonkey.gif

I've already been using corydosol for age and i started to floss as well but it didnt help
I found due to soft gums my floss actually got under the crowns tooth and got stuck which i thought :think: hang on that shouldnt happen

So i thought i'm now on maternity if its bad it will cost me fortune at the private dentist to get it fixed and i no longer have the income to pay for it :( :(
So i thought try the emergency NHS dentist so i got an appointment tonight a huge palava that was :roll: :roll: but i'll skip that bit apart from to say

Receptionsits across the land our such moody rude cows arnt they :shakehead: :rotfl:

Saw the much more cheerful dentist :D and he was horrified that all the practices i'd rung turned me away. He said as i'm exempt pregnant and infections in gums while preggers can cause problems they SHOULD NOT HAVE turned me away they should have taken me on as an emergency and then put me on the list to wait to register with them even if i can be a patient straight away

Doctors do this im know i did it when i went up home at xmas i saw them straight away as a tempory resident

He did some work on my crown tooth ouch it bloody hurt!!!! but im going to go through a hell of a lot more in labour :rotfl: :rotfl: And now me and my teeth our much happier it still hurts and it's still bleeding but happier
onigiri_xd.gif
No infection and he said crown is ok :dance: but i need to get seen by a dental practice (emergency dentists only do tempory work)
He gave me a central number to ring and said "do not to let them fobb you of demand a dentist as your pregnant and expempt they have to give you one"

So that's what i'll be doing Monday DEMANDING MY RIGHTS :shakehead:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
No more miss "oh ok ill try another dentist if your full" meek little me
I will polite but firm i'm going to get NHS dentist!!! :shakehead: :rotfl: be

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
go you! silly mean other dentists! and arg, aren't some receptionists cows! the ones at my doctors are all horrible too!

glad your toothy is a bit better! xxxxx

Sounds pretty shit tbh, i think they fob us off cos they know most of the time we dont know fully what they should be doing, and dont get me started on receptionists after the one at my GP surgery last week!!!

I rang up NHS direct, got a list of dentists that were taking on exempt people, rang up the first one and got an appointment straight away, they were all really lovely about it and it's a 10 min walk from my house, and theres nothing wrong with my teeth i jsut wanted to take advantage of being sble to get it free.

Hope you can get it sorted soon :hug:

I'm interested in this as i'm due to see dentist and i'm private it's bloody expensive have tried a few NHS and they have all said no.. might put it on list of things to do. Let us know how you get on Sarah :hug: glad your tooth feeling better xx

Hi sarah, well at least it was worth it to find out that peice of info - interesting. My teeth are in naf shape and I hate them!

at least you are better now, tooth ache is horrible!!!

Receptionists are pretty moody human beings although i have to say when i was one I was lovely!!! (prob too lovley)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back