Is this a faint positive line?

DVLMH

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Nice to meet you all, I am new to this site

I will make this really easy for you to follow.

I was due on the 28th November for my period and I came on that afternoon. I had my period as normal (lightish) as I am on Noriday (the mini pill). I have been with my boyfriend for a while now, and we have unprotected sex. We had sex on that night of the 28th like normal.

After a week, I come off the period and started my new cycle, however the week after my period I noticed I bled for a around 2 days. The flow was light. After this I had no bleeding but during some days of the month, I have been experiencing light stomach cramps like I am going to be on for my next period.

I was due for my next period on the 26th December (last weekend) but did not come on. During from the 28th November until the 26th December, I have had sex often.

So, I am a week and a day late now. Yesterday, I took 3 Clearblue tests. Each which I have posted for you. However, I am slightly confused. The first test is negative in the morning. I then did another test in the afternoon to make sure and I thought it was negative.

The following night, I was looking and I swear I noticed the faint line on the afternoon test, so the boyfriend and I decided to do a digital test there and then. It said I was not pregnant, so last night I was calmer.

For some information, I could be late due to stress. I have recently started a new job so I have been taking a lot in, Christmas, and the usual daily life worries. I also missed 1 of my pills by accident during the month from the 28th November to the 26th December.

All in all, I am looking at the faint line one now a day later (now), I am a bit skeptical. Do you think I am not pregnant, or do you think it is a faint positive on the 2nd line test I did and that there was not enough hCG for the digital test to pick up?

I would just like to note something as well...

I do not want to be gross but I have just popped to the loo just now and have noticed a very light colour of blood in my vaginal discharge (sorry!)
Like I said in my earlier post, I have been getting some light abdominal cramps along the weeks like my period is due, but its just never came as I am a week and a day late.
Could this just be me just overthinking all this and I am not pregnant, or does that faint line show a positive result and that the spotting possibly could be implantation etc?
I just thought I would pop on here and see what you guys think.

The first picture is the first test in the morning around 11am for a negative result.

The second picture is the 2nd test in the afternoon around 2pm for a faint line result.

The third picture is just a different picture of the faint line result.

The fourth picture is the digital test in the night around 9pm.

The fifth picture is just a comparison picture between the morning negative result and the afternoon faint line result.

Attachments

• rsz_not.jpg
    rsz_not.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 62
  • rsz_faint_line_1.jpg
    rsz_faint_line_1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
  • rsz_faint_line_2.jpg
    rsz_faint_line_2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 58
  • rsz_not_2.jpg
    rsz_not_2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 46
  • rsz_20160103_192129.jpg
    rsz_20160103_192129.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
The pictures are not clear as I had to post them 620X620.

However, I am confused. Basically, I have had negative results, yet I get that faint line test.

I am spotting very very slightly now. I don't know if it is the start of my late period (week and a day) to which I am never this late, or it is the implantation bleeding etc.

Would you take that to be a faint positive test then?

I can see a line but clear blue arent the best as theyr blue dye tests.

Another member just got a faint on a clear blue and a negative on a FRER which wouldve shown up better.

Retest in a few days. With a pink dye test. If you get AF it could have been a chemical.

xxxx

Last edited:
It COULD be an evap but I got a positive straight away with a clearblue digital and a negative with the dye test (1 week after my positive digital) xx

Yes defo see a line very obvious, but If your a week an one day late try should be showing now.. There is a chance you could be.. Test again with a different brand and with first pee of the day.. Good luck with whatever your hoping the result to be xx

I see a line as Tigress said it should be a bit darker by now but try another brand like a FRER it should show clearly on that, good luck sweetie :)

xxxxx

Hi guys, just a quick update as I am at work.
As mentioned last night on the post, I had some very light spotting and did not know if this was my perios. I think I have came on my period as it is a little heavier today. Sorry guys. Thank you for all the advice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back