Is there a knack to electric pumping?

Little Bump

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

My LO's on mainly bottles of EBM, and doing great. We treated ourselves to an electric pump last thursday-not a midela or anything flash, just a £20-something ebay one, but googled for reviews etc first to make sure it was an ok one. It seems to be quite popular....yet for some reason I'm not really getting on well at all.

With my manual Isis I'm normally between 4 and 6 oz every daytime session (I pump 2 1/2-3hour intervals) and within 15-20 minutes. With the new electric pump it took me a good hour to get 2 oz's, and I had to finish off with my manual, where I managed my usual amount.

Now I'm assuming it's what you get used to, and I've been using my Isis since she was 2 days old...so does anyone have any hints or tips to make our transaction any easier, or has anyone else found they had this problem? I've had a good play with the suction settings, and the release etc trying to simulate my isis but it made no difference. All I've heard is how fabulous and easier etc etc electric pumps are and I really wanted to experience the benefits myself, especially as I pump so much.

Many thanks.

You could maybe try hiring a different type of electric pump from the NCT to see if it makes a difference

Clydesdaleclopper said:
You could maybe try hiring a different type of electric pump from the NCT to see if it makes a difference

That's a great idea-thanks for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back