Sterilising breast pump.. confused?

Redshoes

Reaction score
I have an AVENT Isis manual pump, for sterilisation it says use a steam steriliser or boil for 10mins, I have a cold water steriliser and I'm not overly happy about boiling my pump, and how does that work with the soft plastic parts anyway :think: I intend to get an electric one, hopefully, as I know my wrist will be aching if expressing goes well, are their sterilising instructions the same?

I have the Avent isis mauals and the Iq uno electric. The parts you sterilise are the same on both, the electric part doesn't get sterilised and just attached where the handle of the manual pump goes. I use cold water Milton tablets to do mine, I did have a steam steriliser but hated it. I then moved onto boiling but found I had to use the pump straight away so now use the Milton as the pump stays sterile in the solution for up to 24 hours.

Fwiw, you can just buy the electric attachment cheaply on e bay for the Avent maual and just attach it to the pump you had. This is what I have done and it works perfectly and the electric bit has never been in contact with anyone wlses boobies.

Alex xxx

Thanks so much ASD123456, I feel happy using cold water sterilisation now, just found it odd it wasn't mentioned in the instructions :doh: I too started with an electric steamer with Isaac but got rid of it, didn't like it. I shall also have a look for the electric attachment bit, didn't know about that, thanks very much, sending hugs and best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have the Isis manual pump too and use milton fluid for sterilising. I was also slightly confused as to why cold water sterilisation wasn't mentioned in the booklet, perhaps they are trying to promote their steam and microwave sterilisers :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back