Best type of breastpump?

Rachel

Reaction score
Electric or manual?

I have the Avent Isis manual breastpump and find it ok to get on with but I was thinking of getting the electric version of the pump :think:

Are the electric ones better or should I just not bother and just keep using my manual one?

Electric ones like the medela mini electric are good because you can express whilst feeding your LO and take advantage of your baby induced let down! I have the Medela swing which is OK but it has too many wires and bits to be able to do this which I'm gutted about- Kathryn kicks it, a wire falls out and I spill milk! Way too messy. I had lots of success using a very temperamental tuys r us breast pump (bought on ebay) but couldn;t ever get anything with my Tommee Tippee manual - made my wrist hurt!

Depends how much you plan to express. I got a £30 electric one (runs on batteries so good for out and about also) and its been great. Saved spending another £50 on top for a fancy one.

i have the medela mini electric, i love it, my milk doesn't come out very fast so i would have a knackered hand if i had a manual one!! i do think it is worth it if your planning on expressing alot.

It depends what you mean by better. If you mean will you get more milk, the answer is no. If you mean is it quicker in my experience the answer is no, not really. If you mean is it less work then yes. It's easier on your wrist. You don't have to remember to pump - you can type one handed on the computer and it just gets on with it. I have the Avent Isis Uno and I really like it except the motor has started going :( I have used it for between 3 and 6 hours every day for 4months though.

I like my medela mini. But I have days where my Avent one is better. Its just odd... :think: With the Avent one I can more easily stimulate my let down, and quicker too... but it takes a long time to get the milk out. With the electric one, I don't really get a good let down, unless I am feeding (which you can't do after 4 months because they like to kick and grab wires at that age :roll: )... but I can just sit with it on and do other things with my free hand and before I know it I have 5oz (thats really good for me :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back