Is it wrong

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
to begin to get unsympathetic and impatient with somebody who keeps getting hurt but goes back for more.

Somebody i know is in love with a proper low life cheat selfish bstrd. He is the father of her kid. She keeps going back even tho he openly cheats on her (she was once his bit on the side, and now he has been cheating on her - not even behind her back) His 'get out' is that if he doesnt refer to her as his girlfriend then he has no responsiblity to be faithful. she knows he will never change, yet she keeps going back, even though she denies it saying the contact is purely because of their child but gets worked up about this other woman.

i dont want sound like a cow but ive known this git was no good for her from day one and have been her shoulder to cry on for over a year now. i feel like a broken record now repeating the same thing over and over and to be quite honest its wearing me down because I cant stand seeing this person being hurt but because they are doing it all the time it is wearing me down so much.

I feel so selfish feeling like this.

Sorry for going on.

Nope it isn't - at first you listen sympathetically and support them then after a while you get bored of it as they don't do anything to change the situation. We had this with one of my sisters..he was a w@nker basically - played her along, put her down every chance he got - insisted on checking her clothes etc before they went to his parents - as he needed to check she wasn't showing him up as she was from a council house (actually she owned that house - as a single mum :roll: ) Told her to move in with him then changed his mind the day of the move... :roll: He was up to his eyeballs in debt, her house was lovely - his was a rundown wreck. We got bored. We stopped listening and in the end told her we didn't want to know anymore - her decision but she needed to deal with it. It was horrible to do but we were giving her the support to buck her back up and send her back to him. She needed to reach rock bottom.

She got rid of him a month later :wink:

You have other things to be focusing on right now and in the coming months. You have been a good friend but how many times can you pick up the pieces? So I would say it is not wrong. xxx

tangerinedream said:
to begin to get unsympathetic and impatient with somebody who keeps getting hurt but goes back for more.

Somebody i know is in love with a proper low life cheat selfish bstrd. He is the father of her kid. She keeps going back even tho he openly cheats on her (she was once his bit on the side, and now he has been cheating on her - not even behind her back) His 'get out' is that if he doesnt refer to her as his girlfriend then he has no responsiblity to be faithful. she knows he will never change, yet she keeps going back, even though she denies it saying the contact is purely because of their child but gets worked up about this other woman.

i dont want sound like a cow but ive known this git was no good for her from day one and have been her shoulder to cry on for over a year now. i feel like a broken record now repeating the same thing over and over and to be quite honest its wearing me down because I cant stand seeing this person being hurt but because they are doing it all the time it is wearing me down so much.

I feel so selfish feeling like this.

Sorry for going on.

you have more patience than me. i would have washed my hands of it all by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back