being honest or being bitchy???

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
ok me and chris have been going out about 3 weeks now, but today he rang me to tell me his ex keeps ringing him and asking him to take her back, is he telling me this to be honest or to be bitchy??
i really like him but he does talk bout his ex abit but i really hope im just over tired and making a mountain out of a mile hhole

I think he's probably being honest, he's been upfront and said that she's rung, maybe you should say to him that you know he's had previous girlfriends but you dont wanna hear about them all the time.

Yeah, I think he's just being honest with you. Count it as a blessing that he's pushing all that at you. Some men don't tell you ANYTHING and you gotta dig to learn anything. :rotfl: But he is being quite tactless, so as suggested, just gently tell him it isn't nessasary.

Sarah&Braydon said:
ok me and chris have been going out about 3 weeks now, but today he rang me to tell me his ex keeps ringing him and asking him to take her back, is he telling me this to be honest or to be bitchy??
i really like him but he does talk bout his ex abit but i really hope im just over tired and making a mountain out of a mile hhole

my guess is he is telling you to see your reaction. I doubt that the stories are true. Hes probably getting off from the fact that you're slightly insecure over these stories.

Id turn the tables and tell him that you want a 2 week break from him as you're not sure about the relationship.

Stuart used to do this when we first got together, constantly telling me about his former girlfriends. It drove me mad at the time, but I've since put it down to his insecurity - he stopped once we were a properly established couple. Daniel was constantly there to remind him of my former relationship and I guess Stu was just evening things up a little bit.

My husband did that when we were first going out together. Used to constantly refer to his past girlfriends. Drove me spare and the crunch came when we overtook a car and he commented that one of his ex's had a car like that one.

I asked him why he felt the need to tell me about his exs and his reply was that they were a part of his life and he wanted to be open and honest with me from the start. I thanked him but told him that "time of day" comments weren't appreciated.

He stopped then. :)

tracyM said:
Stuart used to do this when we first got together, constantly telling me about his former girlfriends. It drove me mad at the time, but I've since put it down to his insecurity - he stopped once we were a properly established couple. Daniel was constantly there to remind him of my former relationship and I guess Stu was just evening things up a little bit.

i think that is prob a bit of wot it is like for Chris, with Braydon, dont get me wrong he is great with B but must be hard, i spoke to him today and said it upset me and he sed he was sorry so well see how we go

oh its nice that hes apologised hope he stops doing it now xx

OingoZoingo said:
Yeah, I think he's just being honest with you. Count it as a blessing that he's pushing all that at you. Some men don't tell you ANYTHING and you gotta dig to learn anything. :rotfl: But he is being quite tactless, so as suggested, just gently tell him it isn't nessasary.

I agree count it as a blessing, too many men lie, even about stupid things and exs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back