my sister...

libs

Reaction score
has just been dumped by her bf. He is a complete idiot so no great loss (even she thinks this and they'd only been together for a few months although they had this whole whirlwind thing with rings etc which is weird for her as she's usually quite sensible), but since then my DH has like taken her under his wing.
Her ex is a sort of friend (but not really if you know what I mean) of his and perhaps he feels a little guilty.
She came round to the house last night whilst I was queuing for harry potter as she was upset because of some horrible texts he was sending. I didn't mind that - but now Dh has invited her on our "one night out without children in the last 6 months" night.
TBH - I love the girl to death and I'm quite happy to support her, but I was soooo looking forward to this night out :( I've invited another of DH's friends to come as he is the funniest person ever and will at least lift the mood, but I have a feeling I'll be spending the night listening to her moan.
Am I being really selfish? And feel free to be brutual :wink:

no ur not selfish, its understandable! did ur OH consult u b4 changing ur plans? i think he shouldve really. hav u told him u were kinda looking 4ward 2 it being just u 2?
maybe u can arrange another nite where its just the 2 of u.
:hug:

no he didn't ask first :( But tbh - I only emphaisised the fact that it was a childfree (including his grown up children who I told him to lie to if they called and asked where we were tonight :oops: ) night - not just the two of us

I think he's maybe a little confused atm poor love. We have a v close family and some of my sisters are my best friends. DH's family are a v cold distant bunch :shock: and he's spent many years learning to be part of a big close family. It was especially emphasised by my sister's ex who my DH spoke to many times about trying to accept our family for what it was. So I think he's trying to do what he thinks we would do - it was just this night y'know - I don't go out much because of working evenings and TTCing - but you've just reminded me of something Trixiepaws - DS is going away for a week with his best friend soon - so we can have another night then :D

aww hun your not selfish. He should have asked you first :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back