Is it that shocking

mrz85

Reaction score
Was just chit chatting to my neighbour told her I was expecting again first thing she said it weren't planned was it ? Hmmm yes !! It was , yes my little girl is not 1 yes but both my pregnacy s where planned :wall2:

I can't believe people think it's okay to ask questions like that! I was watching a documentary about multiples and a lady on there had triplets and said that a lot of people ask her if they were conceived naturally! How bloody rude! Why people think it's any of their business I will never know!

It s so rude ! N made me feel awkward

Was just chit chatting to my neighbour told her I was expecting again first thing she said it weren't planned was it ? Hmmm yes !! It was , yes my little girl is not 1 yes but both my pregnacy s where planned :wall2:

This is why I've been putting off telling people. It's not because I'm ashamed or upset about my pregnancy but because I know people are gonna be so quick to judge me for it. Having said that I don't think I can get away with the big dinner excuse for much longer lol

I was at the hair dressers yesterday and I told the lady I was pregnant and her very first comment was 'was it planned or accidental?'. Completely shocked me!!! I would never dream of asking anyone that question especially to a complete stranger! People do seem to think its okay to just ask whatever they want just because youre pregnant!

P.s forgot to say don't let anyone's comments about the age gap bother you, it's completely your choice and I'm sure your babies will get on great once a bit older to have each other so close in age. There's only 16 months between me and my brother and we loved being close in age!

A lot of people that know my husband and I have been trying for a while so don't get asked this too much, but as it's our first I've found I get asked a lot "Are you happy about it?", which is such a weird question to ask someone who's found out they're pregnant. Of course I'm happy.

Also, getting fed up already with people touching my belly. Even strangers.

The worst one i had was when I was admitted to hospital after lots of bleeding, one of the nurses asked us was it planned or an accident! I nearly hit her, what a stupid thing to say! X

:0 surprising how rude people are !!

I get asked if its a mistake and do we want to keep it.
It's so rude and I get so offended !
People seem to have a problem with our age too ( I'm 21 and OH is 22 ) .. We're adults for god sake!
We have our own flat that we part own etc and we work! So pah to them.
I'd never ask someone these kinda questions.

All I would say congratulations I bet your excited blah blah..

Xx

I have been asked if my baby was planned a few times too and I can't believe people think it is ok to ask that question. This baby wasn't planned but it wasn't unplanned either IYKWIM. I even had someone say to me "haven't you heard of contraception?!" Cheeky cow.

Last edited:
O dear !!! Some cheeky sods out there !!!

I'm sick of being asked this too! However there is going to be nearly a 13 year gap between my youngest and our new addition and I am 42. I managed quite successfully not to get pregnant for 12 years without any "accidents". That's birth control for you!!!!

My husband is 40 and I am 27 ,wil b 16 months between the 2 kiddies :). How have your other kids been bet they are excited ? X

We'd just had our first wedding anniversary when we announced, people asked me how long it took to conceive! Rude!

I feel very sorry for our friends who are having fertility problems and with me being pregnant she's getting asked when she's going to have one . It's none of anyone else's business!

Oh it makes me so cross, i would never ask this! I might wonder in a curious way but its nothing to do with me. Im like dotty that last time i had a 9 yr gap and so everyone asked me this , i couldnt believe it. I used to say oh very much so we just lost the last one at 12 weeks so we tried again, (true) that used to shut em up quick!

This time people havent said anything yet but im not expecting so much this time now with a 2 year old already.

A really good mate has had 5 tho , shes made no bones about number 5 being unplanned and we were secretly trying well before her accident with ivf etc and now i wonder if everyone assumes were just copying....so i cant help feel a little embarresed esp as 5 is a big number, i almost want to shout out to strangers were a working family who pays our own way!!

I'm a firm believer in "mind your own f**king business"... And will merrily tell anyone that decides to pry.

I've not been asked if our baby was planned so much as whether I'm happy about it (maybe other people don't see me as a mum as much as I've always felt like I should be one). :)

Oh it makes me so cross, i would never ask this! I might wonder in a curious way but its nothing to do with me. Im like dotty that last time i had a 9 yr gap and so everyone asked me this , i couldnt believe it. I used to say oh very much so we just lost the last one at 12 weeks so we tried again, (true) that used to shut em up quick!

Good call Jen! Maybe I should have mentioned the fact that I had a mmc at 8 weeks before we got our sticky too! Give them a taste of their own medicine. I'll bear that in mind for the next time someone says it! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back